Anyone /Anything about SPINAZZOLA (Puglia) ITALY?

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Post Reply
Vienna Spencer
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 09 Jun 2024, 23:57

Anyone /Anything about SPINAZZOLA (Puglia) ITALY?

Post by Vienna Spencer »

My father was in SPINAZZOLA, Italy during WWII. Always have wondered about that town, its buildings, people, culture. Also my dad stayed with a Monsignor (a Priest of the Catholic church) who took-in several soldiers to billet them, once the army barracks in town were full. My dad said his name was "Don Giovanni" (don't know if that was his last or first name). He lived in his family's ancestral stone mansion, I believe just on the edge of town. Does anyone KNOW of a stone edifice such as this--owned by a family of elevated status for centuries, there? I would so love to see this place (better yet, go there & walk the hallways my father walked in 1942 / 1943)!! Anyone with Any info, pix, stories, etc. I welcome hearing from! Take Care, Vienna (Spencer)
Post Reply