Help finding my great grandmother on the 1907 SS Canopic

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
NicholeC
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 29 Sep 2025, 01:08

Help finding my great grandmother on the 1907 SS Canopic

Post by NicholeC »

Hi everyone, my great grandmother's name is Isabella Pannone, born in Italy in 1896. I was looking for the passenger list for her voyage in 1907 on the SS Canopic. Her mother, Maria Monaco (Scorpio) was also on it I believe with two other siblings. If anyone has this information or an image I'd be grateful. On a side note, I also have to get her birth certificate too. I know she lived in Pietravairano when she was 10. I'm new to this forum so any help would also be appreciated!
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Help finding my great grandmother on the 1907 SS Canopic

Post by Farassino »

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

Here’s the link to Isabella Pannone’s birth act.
Born on 27 December 1896 in San Felice di Pietravairano.
Parents are Costanzo, 23 yo, and Maria Scorpio.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 4H&lang=en
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Help finding my great grandmother on the 1907 SS Canopic

Post by darkerhorse »

Is this them?
Attachments
image.jpg
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Help finding my great grandmother on the 1907 SS Canopic

Post by Farassino »

This Maria Scorpio on the ship manifest has a Benedetto Monaco for husband and the son and daughters are also named Monaco and not Pannone.

EDIT TO ADD
Costantino Pannone dies 1 January 1900.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... KN&lang=en

Maria Scorpio will then marry Benedetto Monaco and Angela and Salvatore will be born.
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Help finding my great grandmother on the 1907 SS Canopic

Post by Farassino »

Here’s a family tree with all our findings and much more!
Pity you haven’t seen it before!
https://www.familysearch.org/en/tree/pe ... s/L1MF-3S2
Post Reply