Cortale and Jacurso in Catanzaro Calabria Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
jmazzu
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 193
Joined: 15 Nov 2019, 01:31

Cortale and Jacurso in Catanzaro Calabria Italy

Post by jmazzu »

I am reposting my previous question so I can be more specific.
I am researching my Bilotta and Olivadoti families in Cortale and Jacurso, Catanzaro, Calbria, Italy.
I need records for 1866 and beyond. I know there are Civil records from the State that go up to 1965 on both FamilySearch and Antenati websites. I also was directly to review the Tribunal Records (1866 - 1910) on FamilySearch. However, when I go to the Catanzaro Region on FamilySearch the two towns that I need records for are not listed. Other towns are listed but are of no help to me. I have a few questions:

1. Is there a way to find out if FamilySearch will be posting the Tribunal Records for Cortale and Jacurso from 1866 and beyond?
2. Are there any other online sources or a way to get these records?

Thank you for any guidance you can provide.

Julie
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Cortale and Jacurso in Catanzaro Calabria Italy

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Hi Julie

I checked Family Search website and the only civil records that they have filmed for the towns of Cortale and Jacurso cover the years 1809-1861.

Looking at the antenati site it clearly states that the digitization process has been completed for Catanzara Province, so there won’t be any more records uploaded there for Catanzara Province towns. (I saw very few records for Jacurso as you probably know. In fact a lot of the towns in the Province had few records available.)

My thinking is that possibily when Family Search filmed the records in Catanzara Province, the records were either missing, or located in poor condition, and unable to be filmed.

You could try writing to both Cortale Comune and Jarcuso Comune asking them whether they have the records that you are needing.

Best to you with this.
Angela
jmazzu
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 193
Joined: 15 Nov 2019, 01:31

Re: Cortale and Jacurso in Catanzaro Calabria Italy

Post by jmazzu »

Thank you
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Cortale and Jacurso in Catanzaro Calabria Italy

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Happy to help, Julie.

Angela
Post Reply