Searching for DiMonaco

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
lasco
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 12 Jan 2026, 00:01

Searching for DiMonaco

Post by lasco »

Specifically I am searching for information regarding Bennedetto Dimonaco
BirthAbt. 1855 Naples, Napoli, Campania, Italy
Death24 Jan 1949 Italy
Spouse
Christina Rhodes (1860–1945)
Spouse
Rosa Cicignano (1860–1952)

These are the children I'm aware of. Some of them went to Massachusetts and some of them went to New Jersey.
Eugenio (1882–1949)
Augusto (1884–1969)
Eduardo (1890–1960)
Giovanni Batista (1892–1963)
Otto (1895–1958)

I am told he had many other children but I am unable to find information about them. He is a GG grandfather, but DNA links to other family members don't seem to be making sense and I'm just trying to put all the puzzle pieces in place to see if I can make it make sense!! Any information regarding this family would be helpful.
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Searching for DiMonaco

Post by Farassino »

This is the 1906 marriage of, possibly, one of the sons, Eduardo Di Monaco son of Benedetto with Carolina Raiola. His mother is written as Cristina Rota and was deceased at the time.
The marriage took place in Boscotrecase and Eduardo was 27, so definitely born before the date you’ve mentioned (around 1879) and he was resident in Piedimonte San Germano.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... ng=en&i=48

Also you mentioned that your Cristina died in 1945.
Is that a certainty?
In that case, then, this act belongs to another family.
Post Reply