Grandfather: John (Giovanni?) Harps (Alps/Arpe/Harpe) born 1832 Stata Janova, Italy)
-
Victoria_Duval
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 19 Feb 2026, 17:58
Grandfather: John (Giovanni?) Harps (Alps/Arpe/Harpe) born 1832 Stata Janova, Italy)
I am looking for any info on my GGGGGrandfather who was born in Italy in 1832. I have no records of parents. His headstone reads born 1832 in Stata Janova (Genova Genoa?) Italy. He died in St. Andrews West (Cornwall, Ontario, Canada) in 1900. He married Mary Sylvester. It is possible he came through the port city of Trois-Rivieres, Quebec Canada as that is where she is from. I am at a loss. I remember as a young girl hearing the mention of the mafia. Perhaps running from or travelling with. Any suggestions where to start looking?
Re: Grandfather: John (Giovanni?) Harps (Alps/Arpe/Harpe) born 1832 Stata Janova, Italy)
"Arpe" seems to be the most popular in Liguria, the region Genoa belongs to.
But it's just a guess.
But it's just a guess.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
