Seeking Help Tracing the Carenza Family – Birth and Military Records (Possibly Puglia, Italy)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
bellaW12
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 09 Jun 2026, 23:15

Seeking Help Tracing the Carenza Family – Birth and Military Records (Possibly Puglia, Italy)

Post by bellaW12 »

M

Hello everyone,

I am researching my Carenza family and would be grateful for any help or advice.

I am looking for birth, military, and family records relating to:

Luigi Carenza – born approximately 1912

Antonio Carenza – born approximately 1919

Their father was Ildebrando Carenza.

Family information suggests they may have originated from the Puglia region of southern Italy, although we do not currently know the exact town or comune and would welcome any suggestions regarding where the Carenza surname was most commonly found.

I am particularly interested in:

- Birth or baptism records
- Military service or conscription
- Information on parents, siblings, or extended family


If anyone has access to local archives, military records, or is familiar with Carenza families from Puglia or elsewhere in Italy, I would greatly appreciate any guidance.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Seeking Help Tracing the Carenza Family – Birth and Military Records (Possibly Puglia, Italy)

Post by Farassino »

Hello,

From what I found Antonio Carenza was born in Irsina, Basilicata on 18 May 1919.
This is the link to the script, unfortunately the act is not available:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... YY?lang=en

Parents were Ildebrando and Maria Gurrado.

When you come back I got their marriage and both births for you.
Post Reply