Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
bmarchese
Newbie
Posts: 2 Joined: 26 Nov 2006, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
Post
by bmarchese » 26 Nov 2006, 03:52
Each time I have clicked on the map icon, I end up in a location somewhere in Africa.
I am trying to find a village that is about 15 miles from the Mediterrean Sea on a Hill, called San Nicola, Calabria.
Can someone lend me a hand.
wldspirit
Staff
Posts: 5606 Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:
Post
by wldspirit » 26 Nov 2006, 06:47
I located three in Calabria..do you know the full name??
San Nicola da Crissa
San Nicola dell`Alto
San Nicola Arcella
wldspirit
elba
V.I.P.
Posts: 739 Joined: 15 Feb 2006, 00:00
Location: The Alps - N.Italy
Post
by elba » 29 Nov 2006, 22:18
I found all these, and they are all inland but near the sea....
The numbers following
each San Nicola are the post codes C.A.P.
SAN NICOLA - 89050
SAN NICOLA - 89031
SAN NICOLA - 89040
SAN NICOLA - 87046
SAN NICOLA - 85100
SAN NICOLA - 84044
SAN NICOLA - 88040
SAN NICOLA - 85021-85025
You could try using 'Maporama' on this link to get close up maps of each one of these. It is the English version.
>See Maporama Here<
elba
Cathynap
Veteran
Posts: 241 Joined: 26 Aug 2006, 00:00
Location: Illinois
Contact:
Post
by Cathynap » 17 Mar 2007, 03:48
Montalto Uffugo in Cosenza Province has a section or hamlet called San Nicola.
Cathy
liviomoreno
Master
Posts: 7116 Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:
Post
by liviomoreno » 17 Mar 2007, 07:11
SAN NICOLA(87046) - Italia
latitudine-longitudine:
39.42 (39°25') | 16.16 (16°9')
This is north of Montalto Uffugo
gitana
Newbie
Posts: 1 Joined: 06 Apr 2007, 00:00
Location: usa
Post
by gitana » 09 Apr 2007, 17:56
I need assistance locating my ancestors from italy,be it Napoli for my grandad and sicily for my grandma..how do i go about>thanks!
Lindaotservs@aol.com
suanj
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251 Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:
Post
by suanj » 09 Apr 2007, 19:21
gitana: you can make another topic here on the forum abt your request and please to provide any detail helpful for the search... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH