Sometimes I just can't tell if it's a boy or girl. Is this for Lorenzo or a variation for a girl's name? It is the 2nd to last record from the bottom on the left hand side. Thanks so much.
Mary
Didn't see the Innocentia before Lorenzo/Lorentia? I guess it is a girl. Please verify. Thanks
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... Id=2046915
Boy or girl for a Merendino Baptismal
Re: Boy or girl for a Merendino Baptismal
Mary
It’s a male Innocenzo Lorenzo Giuseppe born yesterday at 3 in the night. Baptized on Aug 9, 1702. Ending is ius for the first two names, us for Joseph, and ius on filius for son. Also natus.
It’s a male Innocenzo Lorenzo Giuseppe born yesterday at 3 in the night. Baptized on Aug 9, 1702. Ending is ius for the first two names, us for Joseph, and ius on filius for son. Also natus.
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Boy or girl for a Merendino Baptismal
Thanks, Erudita. Was going back and forth on this one.
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Boy or girl for a Merendino Baptismal
@Erudita
There are two other children whose names I am unsure of. I am guessing these are boys also but not sure. Their first name looks like Giovanni but it is not spelled the way I normally see it spelled which makes me think it is Giovanna. The other names make me think they are masculine. Please help me straighten this out. Both records are at the top on the right side of the page. One 1686 and the other 1696. Thanks so much.
Mary
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... Id=2046915
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... Id=2046915
There are two other children whose names I am unsure of. I am guessing these are boys also but not sure. Their first name looks like Giovanni but it is not spelled the way I normally see it spelled which makes me think it is Giovanna. The other names make me think they are masculine. Please help me straighten this out. Both records are at the top on the right side of the page. One 1686 and the other 1696. Thanks so much.
Mary
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... Id=2046915
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... Id=2046915
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Boy or girl for a Merendino Baptismal
1686 Joannes Bernardus Dominicus filius ...
1696 Joannes Bernardus Innocentius Nicolaus filius ...
male in both records
1696 Joannes Bernardus Innocentius Nicolaus filius ...
male in both records
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Boy or girl for a Merendino Baptismal
Thanks Erudita.