Do you think the Consulate in New York would have a problem with this, or would I have to go through the painstaking process of changing the names on the American documents?
Spelling Discrepancy
- hellosquire
- Rookie

- Posts: 32
- Joined: 26 Jan 2007, 00:00
- Location: New Rochelle, NY
Spelling Discrepancy
I'm awaiting my great grandparents birth, marriage, and death certificates from Italy. I have a feeling he may have spelt his last name as 'Nardelli', while over here his daughter and the rest of the family used 'Nardella'.
Do you think the Consulate in New York would have a problem with this, or would I have to go through the painstaking process of changing the names on the American documents?
Do you think the Consulate in New York would have a problem with this, or would I have to go through the painstaking process of changing the names on the American documents?
Re: Spelling Discrepancy
No one here can really answer that. The discrepancy is minor, and the NY Consulate tends not to be too picky. On the other hand, it is a discrepancy in a surname, which tends to be a bigger problem than a discrepancy in a given name. You will need to speak to someone at the consulate to confirm.
