Thanks to the items posted here I discovered that My Grandfather Vito Sante Macrillo arrived at Halifax Oct. 16 1927 at age 23. He told me he took a train to Halifax- Montreal etc. and my m other has said that he might have gone to Boston before returning to Ottawa and marrying her mother. I searched the Ellis Island lists and found two records of Pasquale Macrillo entering the country and this would prove the stories that he returned to Italy and then back again to Boston. His son Pasquale, Vito's brother also came to Boston. It's really amazing how a little info can lead to so much.
I was looking for records of train passanger lists and found the schedule for steamer trains leaving from Halifax to Boston on Wednesdays and returning Saturdays. This makes it more likely that they did in fact moved back and forth between the US and Canada.
Macrillo, Gulla, Nardo, DeMarco, Quinto
- Westernkate
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 03 Mar 2007, 00:00
- Location: Canada
- Contact:
Macrillo, Gulla, Nardo, DeMarco, Quinto
Seeking info on Gulla, Macrillo, Denofrio, Quinto families. email bobcat.west@yahoo.ca