I am looking for information on a town called Guidamandri. The spelling may be a bit different I am unsure but it was in southern italy? My family originated from there or at least thats what I have been told. It was a small fishing village. If you could help me at all please let me know! I was told that all that was left of the town was a zip code but I cant find any mention of it at all. Thank you so much to any help you can give me. Please e-mail it to Skyfeatherspirits@yahoo.com . And if you are familiar with this town and know anything about the name Schifilliti that information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Skyfeather...
Lost town called Guidamandri (sp) Please Help!!
- Skyfeather
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 02 May 2003, 00:00
Guidomandri postal code 98030, province of Messina, Sicily has no persons resdiing there with the surname Schifilliti, however, the adjoingin town of Scaletta Zanclea, Postal code 98029 does have 4 persons who may be related to you. if you go to www.paginebianche.it and put in the surname in teh first line and Scaletta Zanclea in the third line and click CERCA you weill have a listing of the 4 persons byu named,address and telephone numbers. If you wish you can write to them and ask them in italian or simple english (english is second languiage now) if they are related tgo you. Enclose a serlf addresewd envelope wqith a dollar inside for each with a dollar for stamps. Send the same letter to each one. If you wish tyo know more about the town you can go to www.Tiscali. it or go to www.comuni.it and check as to whether they have an www.address. Peter
- Sbriglione
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 05 Jan 2004, 00:00
Re: Lost town called Guidamandri (sp) Please Help!!
Hello Skyfeather,
I am searching for the same family in the same village as you! Did you have success with your searches, already? I am searching for a Paola Schifilliti, born about 1835, who later lived in Itala/Messina as the wife of a Stefano Bottari. There have been some more members of Schifilliti-family in Itala at that time!
Kind greetings from Germany
G. Marco Sbriglione
I am searching for the same family in the same village as you! Did you have success with your searches, already? I am searching for a Paola Schifilliti, born about 1835, who later lived in Itala/Messina as the wife of a Stefano Bottari. There have been some more members of Schifilliti-family in Itala at that time!
Kind greetings from Germany
G. Marco Sbriglione
- juanminbar
- Veteran

- Posts: 208
- Joined: 27 Dec 2003, 00:00
Re: Lost town called Guidamandri (sp) Please Help!!
the village in question is a frazioni and may have been annexed by the adjoining village.
Guidomandri - comune: Scaletta Zanclea - province: Messina - region: Sicilia
good luck
Guidomandri - comune: Scaletta Zanclea - province: Messina - region: Sicilia
good luck
