Ripi, Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Post Reply
User avatar
elgenamom
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 13 Jan 2008, 03:35

Ripi, Italy

Post by elgenamom »

We are planning our first trip to Italy and know only that my husband's grandfather was from Ripi. We will be staying in a villa between Rome and Florence and I are planning a day trip to Ripi. Does anyone have information about this village and/or know how I can find any living relatives (his grandfather lost contact with the family before he died)??
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Ripi, Italy

Post by Italysearcher »

You can see the website at www.ripi-online.it/ It has old photos etc. I live near Ripi, it is a small town and the anagrafe office is where you should start. It looks like they are open every day from 8am to 2pm except Wednesday. Start there with all the detail you have available. They should be able to put you in touch with someone.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
User avatar
elgenamom
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 13 Jan 2008, 03:35

Re: Ripi, Italy

Post by elgenamom »

Thank you for your help, Italysearcher!
User avatar
Conti832
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 123
Joined: 19 Feb 2007, 00:00
Location: Sharpsville,Pa

Re: Ripi, Italy

Post by Conti832 »

I made the trip in the Fall to the town where my Family came from Pofi which is right next to Ripi,in fact some members of my Grandmothers family came from Ripi.Go to the office like the poster said. I did and found
alot out !

It's a beautiful Area !
Post Reply