Birth Records Magdelana Andre (de Andre) - Licata

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
czeffer
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 41
Joined: 28 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Fort Worth TX

Birth Records Magdelana Andre (de Andre) - Licata

Post by czeffer »

I'm looking for the birth record for Magdelana Andre (possibly de Andre)born in Licata May 8, 1881. First name had many different spellings in different documents - so this is my best guess. I have a basic idea of the parents names from documents here.

This is the best I have:
Father: Guiseppe Andre or de Andre
Mother (maiden): Angela Calamita

The names may not be accurate as Magdelana did not read or write - so people will spell it how they thought it was spelled.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Cheryl - Ft Worth, TX, USA
Grazie mille - Cheryl
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Birth Records Magdelana Andre (de Andre) - Licata

Post by PeterTimber »

Follow the same steps I outlined for your other research objective in Licata. =Peter=
User avatar
misbris
Master
Master
Posts: 2258
Joined: 14 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: NJ

Re: Birth Records Magdelana Andre (de Andre) - Licata

Post by misbris »

Correct spelling of the name is either Maddalena or Magdalena. Last name is probably D'Andrea.
User avatar
czeffer
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 41
Joined: 28 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Fort Worth TX

Re: Birth Records Magdelana Andre (de Andre) - Licata

Post by czeffer »

Someone found her on a ship manifest as Maddalena D'Andrea.

I plan to use Maddalena on my research as this is the name used when she left Italy.

I guess my next step is to find her record of birth. This may be a challange. I'm going to use the year calculated from the ship manifest - as she changed her age as the wind blew. According to the ship manifest (and a day of birth in December) she was born in 1882 - but by 1932 she had shaved 8 years off her age by stating she was born in 1890.

Thank you for your help.
Grazie mille - Cheryl
Post Reply