Garese family from Varazze & Parodi & Groviotto or C

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
pequele
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 07 Mar 2003, 00:00

Garese family from Varazze & Parodi & Groviotto or C

Post by pequele »

I am looking for info about the Garese family from Varazze.

Antonio Garese b 1852 m Caterina Parodi b 1864 (both of Varazze)
Caterina's father is Paulo Parodi
Antonio's parents are Stefano Garese and Giacomina Groviotto (maybe Craviotto)

Antonio and Caterina had the following children most born in Varazze before they left for US in 1901. They settled in SF, CA

Bartolomeo, Stefano, Mary (maybe known as Giacomina), Joseph, Pietro, Paulo, Frank, Alma, Vincent, and possibly 4 other children who died young.

I would like to hear from anyone searching these names please!
Stephanie
Parody
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Oct 2017, 18:41

Re: Garese family from Varazze & Parodi & Groviotto or C

Post by Parody »

Hi my name is Paul Parody I descend from the Parodi familes from Varazze though my first ancestor Agustin Parody was born here in 1805 his father Bartolommeo Parodi b 1753 mother Teresa Garbarino both born in Varazze.
As to the name Garese there are gibraltarians with that same name, I would need to look into it here is a link to the Gibraltar archives: www.nationalarchives.gi
Hope that this helps you in your quest
My email address is bff1917@hotmail.co.uk
Ciao
valefe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 28 Jun 2026, 12:46

Re: Garese family from Varazze & Parodi & Groviotto or C

Post by valefe »

Hello, my name is Valeria, and I live in Argentina. My 5th great-grandmother is Caterina Garese, the sister of Stefano Garese from Varazze. If you are still looking, I have some information that could help you.
Post Reply