Kopp/Copp

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
P95TRACER

Kopp/Copp

Post by P95TRACER »

Hello Out There,
So many of you have been a great help in tracing my Italian Ancestors. Now I going to ask for any help available for my German Ancestors. My Great Grandfather Louis George Kopp is who I am looking for. I have only been able to trace him back to December 31, 1859 when he married my Great Grandmother in Butler County, Hamilton Ohio. I have his civil war records and census records after that time, but just don't seem to be able to locate anything before. He was born about 1834, and the Civil War record indicates he was under 18 years old when he immigrated. Through a letter that one of his daughters wrote, it seems that he originally settled in St. Louis, Mo. in a French settlement before moving on to Ohio.
Actually his name is a bit problematic also, could be Kopp or Copp. He had two sisters that I know of, Katherine and Elizabeth.
Thanks for any info you can provide.
Pat Walter
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Kopp/Copp

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to www.worldvitalrecords.com and even though it is a paying website you can glean a lot of information by just inserting the name LOUIS KOPP. Learn by doing. I came across a Louis Kopp who died on 3/17/1899 and buried at Lafayetta Cemtary #1 in Louisiana birth age unknown information furnsihed by Albert D. Withrow. This may or may not be your Louis Kopp. =Peter=
~Peter~
P95TRACER

Post by P95TRACER »

PeterTimber wrote:Go to www.worldvitalrecords.com and even though it is a paying website you can glean a lot of information by just inserting the name LOUIS KOPP. Learn by doing. I came across a Louis Kopp who died on 3/17/1899 and buried at Lafayetta Cemtary #1 in Louisiana birth age unknown information furnsihed by Albert D. Withrow. This may or may not be your Louis Kopp. =Peter=
HI PETER,
Thank you for your information. I do know where "my" Louis is buried, in fact I have a lot of information on him from 1859 until his death. Just don't seem to able to find anything before 1859.
If I can help you with anything from Washington County, Maryland, please let me know.
Thanks again,
Pat
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Thanks for the lead since there are more than one Louis Kopp in the late 1800's floating around. Will try to keep you posed. =Peter=
~Peter~