Castle Garden Manifest Images???

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Jim2814
Rookie
Rookie

Castle Garden Manifest Images???

Post by Jim2814 »

How can I obtain ship manifes images from Castle Garden. I can't find anyting on their web site. All I can display is the text of the details. I am sure there is a way.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Castle Garden Manifest Images???

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Not certain if there are any non-payment sites with Castle Garden manifests online.

If you post the details, someone here (me?) will find the manifest on Ancestry . com and post it to you.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Passenger Lists to Castle Gardens on Microfilm
Passenger lists for the Castle Garden time period are available on microfilm so if you know a date of arrival or a ship name you can order the microfilm or have NARA do a lookup for you.

Check the complete list of film numbers (NARA or FHC) for ships going to New York after 1820. Find your date (year, month, day if known) and write down the NARA or Family History Centre film number you need.

The staff of the National Archives will undertake a search of the original records for a fee. You can order National Archives (NARA) forms online
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

some additonal information

Castle Garden: Ships Passenger Lists to New York 1 Aug. 1855 - 18 Apr. 1890
Castle Garden existed as a processing station for immigrants between 1855 and 1890. There is no separate set of records for Castle Garden, as there is for Ellis Island. That means that ships processed at Castle Garden are found on the micofilm of manifests (ships passenger lists) to New York in chronological order, along with all other ships sailing into the port of New York
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Keep in mind that the manifests from that era contain very little information. What you are seeing in the castlegarden.org index is probably the full extent of the available data.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)