Surname: Gentile, Sarnicola

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mberrrdo

Surname: Gentile, Sarnicola

Post by mberrrdo »

Looking for information on my grandparents. Frank and Josephine (Sarnicola) Gentile. Hempstead and Newburgh New York area. ca 1900-present.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Since you submitted both similar postings please do the same as previously outlined in your other submission. Please combine your response in one of the two so I can answer both simultaneously. Peter
messernicola

Re: Surname: Gentile, Sarnicola

Post by messernicola »

mberrrdo wrote:Looking for information on my grandparents. Frank and Josephine (Sarnicola) Gentile. Hempstead and Newburgh New York area. ca 1900-present.
Josephine Sarnicola was born in New York in 1904. Her father was Giovanni (born in Laurino, Italy in 1868) and her mother Pasqualina Vertullo (1877), married in Manhattan in 1896, December 20. Giovanni arrived in US in 1891: we have his complete genealogy until 1700.
mberrrdo

Post by mberrrdo »

This information is a lot more than I have had for many years. I have been trying to find out about my father for the past fifteen years, with very little luck. My mother was not married to August at the time of my birth and he died befor I was old enough to really know him. My mother new his wife and son Bobby at the time of his death. My mother was supposed to visit him at the hospital on the day he passed but due to his death was unable to visit or even attend his burial service. August spent a grat deal ofd time with me at my home in Newburgh prior to his death and I would really like to find out more about him, his life, his story, as well discover any of my extended family. I would like to share any information about his life and legacy with my family, as well discover any family medical history or important family information. I nearly died in September, 2007 and would like to learn as much as possible about this part of my family. Any other helpful information is graciously awaited. Thank you all, very much.
mberrrdo

Post by mberrrdo »

messernicola wrote:
mberrrdo wrote:Looking for information on my grandparents. Frank and Josephine (Sarnicola) Gentile. Hempstead and Newburgh New York area. ca 1900-present.
Josephine Sarnicola was born in New York in 1904. Her father was Giovanni (born in Laurino, Italy in 1868) and her mother Pasqualina Vertullo (1877), married in Manhattan in 1896, December 20. Giovanni arrived in US in 1891: we have his complete genealogy until 1700.
If you are amenable, I would very much appreciate any information relating to the genealogy of Giovanni and Pasqualina. I am still in 'search of' and think this will be of great help in my quest.

Sincerest regards,

Marco
mberrrdo

Post by mberrrdo »

Hello to all, while I haven't found much more information following the last postings, I do know that this Josephine Sarnicola is not likely August C Gentiles mother since he was born in 1902. His mother is listed as being 36 in the 1910 census. I guess more help is needed. Thank you all again in advance.