Belluscio/Geammateo early 1900s

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ntedesco11

Belluscio/Geammateo early 1900s

Post by ntedesco11 »

I was wondering if someone could help.
I am trying find out more information on my father's side.

Some background:
My great-grandfather's name was Antonio D. Belluscio, born in Italy around 1893. According to Ancestry.com, he arrived in US in 1909. His father's name was Mancesco Belluscio and his mother's name was Rosa Chiannero (unsure of spelling but this is what it seems to say according to Antonio's marriage certificate).

Antonio married a woman by the name of Katarine (Catherine or Kathrine) Geammateo (or it may be Geammatco), born in South America, however her parents are from Italy. Her parents' names were Peter Geammeteo (or co at the end) and Angelina Panza.

My goal is to further explore this side of the family and hopefully step back another generation.

Thank you for helping out! :)
ntedesco11

Re: Belluscio/Geammateo early 1900s

Post by ntedesco11 »

Oh I totally forgot to put this information above, I am so sorry. Both sides of the family settled in Rochester, NY.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Kinda a butcher job on the census but is this your family

Anthony Belluskin, "United States Census, 1930"

Name: Anthony Belluskin
Titles and Terms:
Event Type: Census
Event Year: 1930
Event Place: Rochester, Monroe, New York, United States
District: 0196
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Race (Original): White
Relationship to Head of Household: Head
Relationship to Head of Household (Original): Head
Birth Year (Estimated): 1893
Birthplace: Italy
Immigration Year: 1909
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Sheet Number and Letter: 42A
Household ID: 610
Line Number: 12
Affiliate Name: The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
Affiliate Publication Number: T626
Affiliate Film Number: 1455
GS Film number: 2341190
Digital Folder Number: 004661125
Image Number: 00884
Household Gender Age Birthplace
Head Anthony Belluskin M 37 Italy
Wife Katherine Belluskin F 31 Argentina
Son Frank Belluskin M 13 New York
Son Peter Belluskin M 9 New York

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You sure his father was not Francesco Belluscio says leaving his father I think this possible his shipmanifest coming from Barile Potenza line#28 says on page 2 born in Barile Potenza

PG 1
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0028

PG2
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0028

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Heres the birth act of Antonio Belluscio
INDEX#41
1892 Feb 8 in the town of Barile in house on via Corones' birth of Antonio Belluscio son of Francesco Belluscio and Rosa Maria Sciammaro I think this the right spelling of her name

PG LINK TO BIRTH ACT
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n718707621

Marty

Marty
ntedesco11

Post by ntedesco11 »

Yeah, I saw those too. I had gotten Antonio's parents' names from their marriage certificate that was also located on familysearch.org, in which his last name was spelt Belliscio instead of the spelling I am used to. Thank you for showing me these though. :)
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

ntedesco11 wrote:Yeah, I saw those too. I had gotten Antonio's parents' names from their marriage certificate that was also located on familysearch.org, in which his last name was spelt Belliscio instead of the spelling I am used to. Thank you for showing me these though. :)
So is the birth record right?
Is the fathers name Francesco?

Marty

Marty
ntedesco11

Post by ntedesco11 »

It may be Francesco, only because if you look at the marriage info it says Manesco and Rosa. Now I cannot make out Rosa's maiden name on the original marriage document, maybe you can take a look at it (its located on the bottom left corner, once you click on the image on the web page).

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XVPT-9S4
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

ntedesco11 wrote:It may be Francesco, only because if you look at the marriage info it says Manesco and Rosa. Now I cannot make out Rosa's maiden name on the original marriage document, maybe you can take a look at it (its located on the bottom left corner, once you click on the image on the web page).

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XVPT-9S4
I think you have to realize that there is a lot of typos like Antonio's wife I would say Caterina surname is Giammatteo
I would say Francesco is right

Marty

Marty
ntedesco11

Post by ntedesco11 »

This is why I like these forums, you're able to have another set of eyes and see documents in a different light. Thank you!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Francesco Belluscio and Rosa Maria Sciammiaro
INDEX#49
1880 Dec 19th in the town of Barile appeared Francesco Belluscio age 26 farmer born in Barile son of Saverio Belluscio and Anna Maria Sigillito married Rosa Maria Sciammiaro age 20 born in Barile daughter of Teadoro Sciammiaro and Leonarda Antonia Del Pozzo

PG LINK TO RECORD

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1843823840

Marty

Marty
Talleelover

Post by Talleelover »

I know your posts are old but hoping you see my post. My grandfather was Pasquale Belluscio born in late 1800s in Potenza. He had family ties in Rochester. He settled with his family in NYC in 1920. Changed his spelling to Bellucci. Looking for relatives possibly still in Potenza region. Visiting Italy next year. Molte grazie
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website

Is this your Pasquale Belluscio with wife Louisa if so this his birth record from Rapalla Potenza
Index#103
1880 Sept 29th in the town of Rapalla in a house on via Nazionale #18 birth of Michele Pasquale Belluscio son of Giovanni Belluscio age 36 farmer and Raffaela Pasquorielli seamstress

PG LINK TO BIRTH RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1,56412801

CLICK ON IMAGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marty
Talleelover

Post by Talleelover »

Must have list this link when I originally posted. YES this is my grandfather. Thank you so much!