Teodori

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sittinperfect

Teodori

Post by sittinperfect »

I am looking for information on my great grandfather and grandmother. I know that Luigi Teodori was born on March 15, 1891 in Ascoli Piceno and Rosa (Poli) Teodori was born on Dec. 5, 1893 (all I know is she was born in Italy). I know that they also came to the US on Jan. 12, 1922. This is the only information that I have and I would like to find out more but don't know where to start. Can anyone please help me?
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Teodori

Post by ptimber »

There is a lot to find out and the best way to start is at the end and work backwards from Ellisisland.org and find your Ggreatgandfather and mother by looking up their town of origin. In Italy all records,documents and history as well as relatives are in the town of origin. Without this town your out of luck!. Once you know the town then you can go to the nearest family history library of the Mormon church nearest your home and obtain the civil records of that town of origin which lists all births,marrriages and deaths and family composiiton dating bakc to 1809 to 1900. If you wish to know about italian genealogy then there is a book titled italian genealogical Records by Trafford R. Cole. its inexpensive, an easy read and you will have something for the future. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

sittinperfect wrote:I am looking for information on my great grandfather and grandmother. I know that Luigi Teodori was born on March 15, 1891 in Ascoli Piceno and Rosa (Poli) Teodori was born on Dec. 5, 1893 (all I know is she was born in Italy). I know that they also came to the US on Jan. 12, 1922. This is the only information that I have and I would like to find out more but don't know where to start. Can anyone please help me?
Hi Luigi came in USA first travel in 1906 http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 5270010102 and went from Domenico Teodori cousin.., second travel in 1922 with Rosa Poli wife http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 0016060539 sure married in USA..but the previous emigration's travel of Rose, are possible in 1903 age 8(?) togheter all Giovanni Poli head-family coming from Barga town(Lucca province), mother Irene and brothers and sister..are possible this info, are she?
You can send an email for request info to Ascoli Piceno Common
protocollo@comune.ascolipiceno.it:

Spett.le Ufficio Anagrafe
Piazza Arringo
63100 Ascoli Piceno (AP)
Italia
(letter object) Oggetto: "Richiesta accertamento anagrafico di Teodori Luigi nato ad Ascoli Piceno il 15 Marzo 1891" .

Spett.le Ufficio Anagrafe,
mi chiamo .........(your name)e sono cittadina statunitense di origini italiane discendente di Teodori Luigi nato ad Ascoli Piceno il 15 Marzo 1891, mi è sconosciuto il nome dei genitori.
Con la presente la sottoscritta cortesemente chiede a codesto spett.le Ufficio Anagrafe che voglia ricercare l'atto di nascita di Teodori Luigi e cortesemente comunicarmi le informazioni disponibili.
In attesa di riscontro alla presente ai sensi della L.241/90, è gradita l'occasione per porgere i più distinti saluti,
......your name
......your complete address
.....your mailto
--------------------------------------
and sure you know Luigi's relatives...regards, suanj
sittinperfect

Post by sittinperfect »

Thank you suanj. It gives me a little more information to research into. Any little bit helps. :D
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

and what about the information I gavce you to research....its not trash and worthy of your respect which you evidently are not aware of. Peter
sittinperfect

Post by sittinperfect »

Peter.... There is no reason to get down and dirty. Prior to your post I spoke to my mother and she already had the research that you suggested. Sorry.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Since when is courtesy down and dirty?? Peter
cfpoli

Post by cfpoli »

Alla mia famiglia (Poli) una sorella di miei bisnonno Pietro Poli (nato a Rocca, Borgo A Mozzano, Lucca) ROSA POLI, anche un fratello che si chiamaba FRANCESCO. Mio bisnonno fu emigrato all'Argentina. Tanti anni dopo, il primo figlio di Francesco POLI era emigrato all'Argentina: UGO POLI, sposato con ANITA GARIBALI, due figli all'Argentina: HUGO MARIO e NORMA (Bimba) POLI. UGO POLI era cugino del mio nonno nato all'Argentina nel 1893
Carlos F. Poli