NEED HELP STARTING SEARCH

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
tomatopie2012

NEED HELP STARTING SEARCH

Post by tomatopie2012 »

Hello everyone,
I would like to see if I qualify, as a US citizen, to get an italian passport. I know my grandfather or my father needed to have been an italian citizen. My grandfather came from Italy. I don't know if he became a US citizen. From Ellis Island records, I know the ship he came over on, the year, etc. My father's birth records are not showing up in the town in the US I thought he was born in. He could even have been born in Italy. I don't know. How do get started on finding naturalization forms, etc.?
Thank you!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: NEED HELP STARTING SEARCH

Post by suanj »

You can give us more details of your ancestor? Name, birthdate etc... Maybe we can help..
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Schuyler

Post by Schuyler »

Susan
Can you help me??? I'm trying to learn if /when my grandfather naturalized....
Thank you
Nicolas
maliha

Post by maliha »

I am understanding correctly, to obtain my Italian passport I need to determine if my grandfather because a naturalized US citizen prior to my dad being born. Is this correct?
If so, how and where do I find this information? Seems I need to access naturalization records but I'm having difficulty. Any suggestions? Thank you!
maliha
maliha

Post by maliha »

Hi!
I'm newbie here. Happy to be members of the forum.
I hope we will have great time here. And I'll try to contribute to forum develop more.
I'm positively looking forward to the forum and its members hope all will guide, share and help me to increase my knowledge.
maliha
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Schuyler wrote:Susan
Can you help me??? I'm trying to learn if /when my grandfather naturalized....
Thank you
Nicolas
Nicolas,
knowing the name and year of birth and where your grandfather lived in USA, we can have a better idea when he naturalized... on his ship's manifest ( arrival in USA) must be the marking of naturalization...(if he naturalized)..
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

maliha wrote:I am understanding correctly, to obtain my Italian passport I need to determine if my grandfather because a naturalized US citizen prior to my dad being born. Is this correct?
If so, how and where do I find this information? Seems I need to access naturalization records but I'm having difficulty. Any suggestions? Thank you!
yes it is correct... but before of to obtain italian passport, the italian citizenship must be recognized from Italy by Italian Consulate in USA..
and for that you must apply for recognition of dual citizenship for italian blood right by your italian ancestor...
abt that you can inform in the Italian Consulate where you are resident....
when all required documents are ok and the Italy recognized to you the italian citizenship by your italian ancestor, you can obtain the italian passport...

abt the naturalization of your italian ancestor immigrated in USA, you can read here
http://www.uscis.gov/genealogy
or .. maybe we can help, if you can provide us the name, birth date and where lived your italian ancestor, searching in some database availables on ancestry.com
http://search.ancestry.com/search/
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH