document questions

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sromeo

document questions

Post by sromeo »

Hi- I have a few questions as it relates to gaining citizenship with Italy. Not sure how picky the Miami Consulate is. Thanks for any feedback.

1-First name is Mary on my great grandmothers death record. Birth and Marriage has Maria as her first name. Do I need to correct the NYC death record from Mary to Maria?

2-Do I need to correct the NYC death record to show the mothers maiden last name for my great grandparents? Only their first name is listed.

3-Only estimated age is shown on the NYC death record. Do I need to amend to show the date of birth on the death record?

4- 1911 NYC certified Marriage certificate was obtained for my great grandparents. However there is no marriage licence in the NYC archives (can't find it). Will this be an issue?

5-NYC birth record name is Francesco and no middle name(my grandfather and line to prove Italian decent). On his death record his name was listed as Frank Joseph. Do I need to correct the NYC death record?

5-My fathers legal first /middle name is William Joseph. On his marriage and divorce record the name of my father is shown as William J. . Is this ok?

6- The only document I am pending is a NYC marriage certificate for my grandparents. If I cannot locate this will my application for citizenship be denied?

7- In Florida the Divorce document is - Final Judgement of Dissolution of Marriage. It is just one page outlining the divorce and signed by a Judge. Is this the decree?
mler
Master
Master

Re: document questions

Post by mler »

I don't think there are any major issues here. I'm not certain about the divorce document, however.