Best source for ordering Italian birth certificates?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Mpurpura99

Best source for ordering Italian birth certificates?

Post by Mpurpura99 »

I see several places online offering to obtain/send my Italian grandparents birth certificates needed for dual citizenship. I wonder if folks can advise which do a good job or which should be avoided?
qualdom
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Best source for ordering Italian birth certificates?

Post by qualdom »

Mpurpura99 wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 01:35 I see several places online offering to obtain/send my Italian grandparents birth certificates needed for dual citizenship. I wonder if folks can advise which do a good job or which should be avoided?
I would not go through one of those companies that you have found via an online search. They will collect your payment immediately and then send a written request (at their earliest convenience) to the comune, which may or may not be responded to.

I know an individual who lives in Italy who is very sincere, perseverant, and doesn't request payment until the certificate has been procured. PM me if you want contact details.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Best source for ordering Italian birth certificates?

Post by Tessa78 »

Or you can write directly to the comune to request the birth act.
There is no charge for the record, but there may be a small fee for the copying, mailing, etc.
You need to be sure you ask for a certified copy of the birth act.

T.