Icardi Wine

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jamiestew
Rookie
Rookie

Icardi Wine

Post by jamiestew »

Hello Everyone,
So as I am researching the Icardi branch of my tree, I discovered there is a winery in the same region as my great grandfather came from. Has anyone heard of or tasted "Icardi" wine from the Piamonte region?? I am very interestred to see if my family ties into the beginning of the winery.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Icardi Wine

Post by nuccia »

jamiestew,

I have never tried the wine but have you any documents that suggest that it may have come from your great grandfather? Maybe you need to dig into the history of the wine and see.

Is there a website for the winery and a contact? Maybe there is a section about the history or you can email them requesting some background about how and when it started?

It's definitely worth a shot.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

here Icardi winery address:
http://www.lavinium.com/cgilav/visuazlav.cgi?IDaz=686

The Icardi winery story:
http://www.lucamaroni.com/4DCGI/Rec04_90
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jamiestew
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jamiestew »

suanj,
As usual..your detective skills are great!!! Thanks so much. I am going to try and find a way to translate the website. Thanks so much...
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

happy of help you!
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

Jamiestew,
I never tried the Icardi wine but I heard of it as my family orginates from Piemonte and I go there very often. I saw it in shops but I never heard of it out of that region and it seems to me it's on the market since very few years.
The Icardi surname is very common in the southern part of Piedmont region, provinces of Alessandria, Cuneo, Torino and Asti. There are about 340 people with that surname and 73 firms.
As a matter of fact my greatgrandmother's surname was FERRARI......

Ada
jamiestew
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jamiestew »

I did find some Icardi wine online. I am going to order a bottle of it amd display it proudly on my counter. You should also order a Ferrari and proudly display it hahaha. My great grandfather and his 2 brothers migrated to Oakland, Ca. in abt. 1906. He was born in Montegrosso, Asti.
I hope to one day visit the town. I saw pictures and it is absolutly beautiful!!! The wine was started in 1914 it would be interesting to know if they are cousins. The Icardi's seem to be very good at starting business. My great grandfather Carlo Icardi started an Ornimental Iron Co. and built it from the ground with nothing. He was worth millions when he died.
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

Actually I have got two Ferrari cars (models) and I have got several bottles of the very famous Ferrari sparkling wine in my cellar and they are not there waiting to be displayed on my counter. Ah ah ah.
My advise would be that you order at least a 6 bottles box, each of a different kind if possible, Piedmontese wines are excellent. Drink them whenever you'll have the occasion to and display proudly the empty bottles on your counter.

BTW Montegrosso is a beautiful place and lies in a very nice area:

Monferrato

you really should visit it.

Ada