Gervasi or Cangelosi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
maria12000

Gervasi or Cangelosi

Post by maria12000 »

I am looking for anyone who might know of my great great grandmothers family. Her name was Maggie Cangelosi and she came over from Italy to New Orleans. She was born in 1880.
Also my Grandfather Salvatore Gervasi came to Ellis Island from Vondalunga, Italy. I know he left his family in Italy to come over to the U.S.A. He was born December 26, 1890.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You mean know them personally?? Your not very clear. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi: Cangelosi is surname tipically of Sicilia region..
around birthdate Maggie Cangelosi, from Sicily a Cangelosi family:
1-Cognome
CANGELOSI

Nome
MARIA

Professione
CHILD

Istruzione
U

Luogo di origine
SICILIA

Destinazione
USA

Visto
Emigrante

Classe
Ponte

Porto d'imbarco
PALERMO

Nave=ship
BOLIVIA

Data d'arrivo=date of arrival
6/28/1888
----------------
2-Cognome
CANGELOSI

Nome
SALVTE.

Professione
CHILD

Istruzione
U

Luogo di origine
SICILIA

Destinazione
USA

Visto
Emigrante

Classe
Ponte

Porto d'imbarco
PALERMO

Nave
BOLIVIA

Data d'arrivo
6/28/1888

--------------------
3-Cognome
CANGELOSI

Nome
V.

Età=age
908 (misspelled probable ...months)

Professione
INFANT
Istruzione
U

Luogo di origine
SICILIA

Destinazione
USA

Visto
Emigrante

Classe
Ponte

Porto d'imbarco
PALERMO

Nave
BOLIVIA
Data d'arrivo
6/28/1888
--------------------
probable father the childs

4-Cognome
CANGELOSI

Nome
ANTONIO

Professione
LABORER

Istruzione
U

Luogo di origine
SICILIA

Destinazione
USA

Visto
Emigrante

Classe
Ponte

Porto d'imbarco
PALERMO

Nave
BOLIVIA

Data d'arrivo
6/28/1888
_----------------------- 1 month before an Cangelosi from Sicily towards St Louis..
Cognome
CANGELOSI

Nome
ILLUMINATO

Professione
LABORER

Istruzione
U

Luogo di origine
U

Destinazione
ST.LOUIS

Visto
Emigrante

Classe
Ponte

Porto d'imbarco
NAPLES & PALERMO

Nave
ALEXANDRIA

Data d'arrivo
5/16/1888
--------
Moreover:
Cognome
CANGELOSI

Nome
ANTONINA

Professione
COUNTRY WOMAN

Istruzione
U

Luogo di origine
U

Destinazione
NEW-YORK

Visto
Emigrante

Classe
Ponte

Porto d'imbarco
PALERMO

Nave
INDIPENDENTE

Data d'arrivo
6/11/1886 ------
the roots I task are in Sicily ...
Moreover Salvatore Gervasi coming from Vallelunga Pratameno (exact spellin) in Caltanissetta province -Sicily region.
currently are 9 person Gervasi surname in this town:
http://paginebianche.virgilio.it/pb/cer ... 3&cc=87860&
regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If what Suanj furnished you is what you want then I am satisfied. You choose words poorly and do not make yhourself clear. Suanbj guessed at what you want and you never answered my question. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If what Suanj furnished you is what you want then I am satisfied. You choose words poorly and do not make yhourself clear. Suanbj guessed at what you want and you never answered my question. Peter
maria12000

Gervasi or Cangelosi

Post by maria12000 »

Sorry if I was unclear about the information I was needing.I would like to contact any living relatives of my grandfather Salvatore Gervasi who might be living in Vallelunga. He was also in the Italian Army and I would like to access records. I don't know where to look. He also had a brother who was killed in Vallelunga before 1912 and I would like information on how to access death records.

For my great grandmoother Maggie Cangelosi I was wanting records of immigration from Sicily to New Orleans She was born in 1880, I'm not sure where. What suanj sent me was very helpful and gives me a place to start. I was also wanting to contact any living relatives who might know her parents names or relations.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Firsdt go to www.paginebianche.it for relatives in Vallunga Pratameno. Put in surname in first line and Vallelunga Pr....in the third line and click CERCA. for any listing in that town.

Fort Military records furnish full name and date and place of birth and send request to Archivio Provinciale Miitare di Caltanissetta, Via P. Borsellino 2-2a,93100, Caltanissetta, Sicily.

You can go to www.genealogyloookups.com/narchives.htm and file form 81with NARA (USA national archives) for passenger arrivals into the USA at New Orleans.

Lots of luck. Peter
maria12000

writing to someone in iyaly

Post by maria12000 »

Peter,
Saunj gave me the adresses of the Gervasi's still living in Va;;e;unga Pratameno. How do I write the address on a envelope?
Also I don't speak Italian. How do I compse a letter or understand Italian words?

Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

Maria
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

already answered both in other posting. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Remember: in Italy the letters are brought to adressee, when they are written correctly.

Example just: to
Gervasi Agostino
Via A. Manzoni, 35
93010 Vallelunga Pratameno (CL)
Italy
-----------------------
italian letter- please controls the data :

Gent.ma famiglia Gervasi,

mi chiamo.......(your name) e sono una cittadina statunitense di origine italiana.
Mio nonno Salvatore Gervasi nato il 26 Dicembre 1890 era originario di Vallelunga Pratameno, ed emigrò in U.S.A. nell'ottobre del 1912 partito dal porto di Palermo e imbarcato sulla nave di nome "Perugia".
Io non conosco chi siano i discendenti dei suoi parenti che attualmente vivono ancora a Vallelunga, per questo vi scrivo, chiedendovi cortesemente, se vi sia una relazione di parentela tra la vostra famiglia e mio nonno Salvatore Gervasi.
Spero in una vostra risposta che mi aiuti a sapere quali siano i miei parenti in Vallelunga, e in attesa, distintamente saluto.

nome e cognome....................(first and last name)
address...........
fax..............
mailto.............
----------------------------------
english version:
Kindlest Gervasi family,
I'm ...... (your name) and I'm American cityzen of Italian origin.
My grandfather Salvatore Gervasi born the 26 December 1890 was original of Vallelunga Pratameno, and emigrated in U.S.A. in October of 1912 left from Palermo's port and boarded on "Perugia's"ship name . I do not know who are the descendants of its relatives who currently live in Vallelunga, for this write, asking to you kindly, if are a relationship between your family and my grandfather Salvatore Gervasi.
I hope in your reply that help me to know which are my relatives in Vallelunga, and in wait, my distinguished regards,

....................(first and last name)
address...........
fax..............
mailto.............
------------------
Ps: Salvatore Gervasi age 21 from Vallelunga is emigrated in 1912..please controls the data..moreover in 1898, emigrated a Giuseppa Gervasi wife of Paolo Spera, ensemble 4 sons and they oed to New Orleans...... it suggests something????
----------------------
regards, suanj
maria12000

writing a letter to Italian relative

Post by maria12000 »

saunj---

Thank you so much!!!! You are such a wonderful person. Learning from all of you has been such a privelege. Just having your help has seemed like it has brought me closer to my relatives and helped me on my way to discovering my past.

Thanks Very much,
Maria