ORLANDO, PALLOFFA FROM AGNONE

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Bertant

ORLANDO, PALLOFFA FROM AGNONE

Post by Bertant »

LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON ORLANDO AND PALLOFA FROM AGNONE. MY GRANDMOTHER WAS BORN IN AGNONE IN 1887 OR 1888.

WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: ORLANDO, PALLOFFA FROM AGNONE

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to the website do you have other info like did they come to the US and where? Husband name? Ship manifests?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Bertant

Post by Bertant »

MY GRANDMOTHER BAMBINA ORLANDO CAME OVER AS A YOUNG GIRL (14YEARS OLD) IN 1902. COULDN'T FIND THE SHIP.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Only found this trip for "Bambina Orlando"

Arriving NY May 1909 on Prinzess Irene
Age 21 (would put her birth about 1888)
Leaving mother Angela ???? (can't read last name - could be Vanni) in Campolieto, Agnone
Going to brother Angelo at looks like 384 E Federal St., Youngstown, Ohio
According to column 17 (page 2) of the manifest...this was her first time in USA.

Line 6
page 1 - click once to enlarge and again to magnify

page 2

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I think she came out of the town of Agnone is a city and comune in the province of Isernia, Campobasso area.It shows on page 2 last line #6 she was born In Argnone
Family history has records for Italy, Campobasso, Agnone - Civil registration 1809-1889
Ordering films from FHL
https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Orderi ... ory_Center
Italian records
https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Italy_ ... al_Records
Reading the records
http://familyhistory.byu.edu/Downloads/ ... ion_Guide/
Films from Argnone
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... i+Agnone+2++

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Bertant

Post by Bertant »

Tessa78...too bad you can't see my face because it is beaming because of the information you provided. This is my grandmother. We could never figure why she came to Youngstown....
Her mother name was Anglea Maria. Thought her family name was Palloffa but I'll research this and Vanni though the FHL records.

Thank you so very much..

Marty.
Thank you for the informaton about the FHL. I will be able to reaeardh through these records.

Again than ks to both of you.....
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Bertant wrote:Tessa78...too bad you can't see my face because it is beaming because of the information you provided. This is my grandmother. We could never figure why she came to Youngstown....
Her mother name was Anglea Maria. Thought her family name was Palloffa but I'll research this and Vanni though the FHL records.

Thank you so very much..

Marty.
Thank you for the informaton about the FHL. I will be able to reaeardh through these records.

Again than ks to both of you.....
I think what I see on the manifest is INDEED Angela Maria (not Vanni) :D

The name PALLOTTA exists in Agnone, but NOT PALLOFFA...

Glad to have helped... let us know if you need anything else.
(BTW - I know what that BEAMING SMILE looks like AND feels like :-) )

T.
BethW
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BethW »

I just went back and looked at my old research notes and found something that may help. These both come from the Agnone civil records that the LDS have on film.

Angelo Orlando, born April, 1886, to Crispino Orlando and Angela Maria Pallotta
Raffaele Orlando, born January, 1885, to Crispino Orlando and Angela Maria Pallotta

I'll see what else I can find for you.

Beth
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Beth,

Thanks for the update! :-)

Looks like you're on the right track and should be coming to Bambina's birth record on the microfilm soon...

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Tessa78 wrote:Hi Beth,

Thanks for the update! :-)

Looks like you're on the right track and should be coming to Bambina's birth record on the microfilm soon...

T.
Prego Beth a couple of films and its amazing the info out there

Great researching
Marty :lol:

Marty
samueljorlando
Rookie
Rookie

Post by samueljorlando »

My Orlando's came from Agnone as well. I'm sure we are related somehow. My line came to Chicago. My great great great great grandparents (1796) was Teodoro Orlando and Eufrasia Vecchiarelli (1798). Their son, Domenico Orlando (1828) was my great great great grandfather and he was married to Rachele Ferrara. Their son, Giovanni Orlando (1853 - 1924) was my great great grandfather and married to Diomira D'Agnillo (1856-1944). Giovanni and Diomira came from Agnone to Chicago where they raised their family. Many of their descendents are still in Chicago. Giovanni's brother, Antonio Orlando, also came to Chicago. He married a cousin, Johanna Orlando. Johanna's parents were Vincenzo Orlando and Teodora Camperchioli. If you are interested and would like to see more about the Orlando's from Agnone that came to Chicago, let me know. My email is: Samueljorlando@gmail.com