Just starting out -- looking for my grandfather Aminto Carlone

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
chrispalma

Just starting out -- looking for my grandfather Aminto Carlone

Post by chrispalma »

Hi.

One of my colleagues here is a dedicated genealogist and has helped me get started on my own family history. With his help, I have tracked down a good deal of information about my Italian grandparents and great-grandparents.

My grandfather on my mother's side was Aminto Carlone, and I have found him in the US census, the Ellis Island records, and in court records for his naturalization.

His birth year is listed as either 1894 or 1895, and he lists Gorga in Salerno as his place of birth. On his Ellis Island records he lists his last place of residence as Stio, although they have transcribed it as Stiro. In his naturalization records he lists his parents as Errico Carlone and Teresa Sant'angelo.

At this point, I am just looking for any records that might help me learn a bit more about his family. Any help is appreciated.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Just starting out -- looking for my grandfather Aminto Carlone

Post by adelfio »

Here you go Aminto and his brothers

Carlone

Nome: Aminto

Classe: 1894

Comune di nascita: Stio

Full text:

Carlone Aminto di Errico e Santangelo Teresa nato il 21/03/1894 a Stio di professione

Carlone

Nome: Armando

Classe: 1890

Full text:

Carlone Armando di Errico e Santangelo Teresa nato il 08/05/1890 a Stio di professione contadino

Carlone

Nome: Francesco Paolo

Classe: 1888

Full text:

Carlone Francesco Paolo di Errico e Santangelo Teresa nato il 20/09/1888 a Stio di professione student

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
chrispalma

Re: Just starting out -- looking for my grandfather Aminto Carlone

Post by chrispalma »

Yes -- sorry -- I somehow managed to accidentally post my first post twice. I appreciate the additional information!