Looking for DI NIGRO ANTONIO/DE NEGRI ANTONIO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Stephanienegri

Looking for DI NIGRO ANTONIO/DE NEGRI ANTONIO

Post by Stephanienegri »

Hey, and nice to be here with you. I need help locating the birth certificate of my bisavo who was called Antonio de Negri son of Francesco Antonio de Negri or Di Nigro Francesco Antonio and Teresa do Conde, the name may vary. He was born between 1890 and 1892 and immigrated to Brazil in 1893 with his parents and brothers called Roza, Tommaso and Maria. I really appreciate the help, hug!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Looking for DI NIGRO ANTONIO/DE NEGRI ANTONIO

Post by suanj »

Hi here the arrival
http://www.inci.org.br/acervodigital/up ... 39_167.pdf
039 167 52060 03/05/1893 DE NIGRO FRANCESCO 36 M ITALIANOS LAS PALMAS
039 167 52060 03/05/1893 DE CURTO THERESA 36 M ITALIANOS LAS PALMAS
039 167 52060 03/05/1893 DE NIGRO ROSA 8 F ITALIANOS LAS PALMAS
039 167 52060 03/05/1893 DE NIGRO MARIA 6 F ITALIANOS LAS PALMAS
039 167 52060 03/05/1893 DE NIGRO TOMASO 5 F ITALIANOS LAS PALMAS
039 167 52060 03/05/1893 DE NIGRO ANTONIO 3 F ITALIANOS LAS PALMAS

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Stephanienegri

Post by Stephanienegri »

Hello thank you! I had already found this file, but I can't find anything about where it came from Italy. I have searched many sites, certificates, state archives and others. It is as if they do not exist. In Brazil the surname was "De Negri" and "Do Conde".
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I found just one, after a fast search: but in Sicignano degli Alburni, cannot find the other family members... the age and the name matching, because De Nigro and Di Nigro are mispelled frequently... but I cannot find the marriage aas a well the children.. the his parent's names matching with children names folloving italian naming tradition.. the birthyear match also..
just a suggestion..
suanj

serie: Leva

comuneleva: Sicignano degli Alburni

progressivo: 11

leva: 1857

cognome: Di Nigro

nome: Francescanonio

paternità e maternità: Tommaso e Falibene Rosa

nuovanascita: 11/05/1857

località di nascita: Sicignano degli Alburni

professione: manca

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Please to see: a sister of Francesco Antonio Di Nigro, that I found, also went in Brasil:
Sex Female
Age 76
Event Place Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Death Date 20 Mar 1936
Birth Year (Estimated) 1860
Father's Name Thomazo de Negro
Mother's Name Rosa Felibella de Negro
Certificate Number 9616

suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Stephanienegri

Post by Stephanienegri »

Hi,

I really appreciate your kindness in helping me. I had found this certificate in Sicigliano 4 in fact there are many certificates from Tommaso, Rosa and Maria in Brazil, but no account of where they came from Italy.

I found a certificate that in the family search of "Jose de Cando" that match the names of the paternal grandparents: Tommaso and Rosa Falibene. La says that Francesco Antonio was from Salerno (which matches Sicigliano Albuni's records) and that Teresa was from Potensa. However, I still can't find the birth of any of the four children anywhere in Italy! And look, I've been looking for years ... I'm already hopeless!
Stephanienegri

Post by Stephanienegri »

Nome: José de Negro
Local do evento: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Data de nascimento: 05 May 1894
Nome do pai: Francisco Antonio de Negro
Nome da mãe: Thereza de Cando
Número do certificado: 763

Página: 159
Número da pasta digital: 004152028
Número do filme: 001286427
Número da imagem: 00054

Referência do registro
"Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, Registro Civil, 1829-2012," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QGVX-12GK : 9 April 2020), José de Negro, ; citing Rio de Janeiro, Brasil; Corregedor Geral da Justicia (Inspector General of Justice Offices), Rio de Janeiro.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

The maiden name of Teresa on brasilian documents, (don't exist in Italy) is different from her maiden name on the ship'manifest.
The ship's manifest is more affordable, because, is the last contact with italian language.

More: if you found Francescantonio birth record in Sicignano why no said? Why no post here? If I post something and you reply that you have, already, it is no helpful.

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Stephanienegri

Post by Stephanienegri »

Hi!
I appreciate your help!

I did not post before because I did not believe that Francesco Antonio de Sicignano was related to my family, from which you apply I found a tree of a person called antongeorgrossi in Geanet and he added me to the family. Unfortunately his tree stopped at the birth of Franceso antonio di Nigro and nothing is known about where his children were born, including my great-father Di Nigro Antonio and his brothers.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

By military draft cards, no Tommaso and no Antonio are enlisted so no in the Salerno archive index. That means just one thing: Francesco Antonio moved in other province, married and fathered in new residence place.. But where? The maiden name of Teresa don't help much because could be:
DI CONTO
DE CONTI
DI CURTO
DEL CONTE
DI CONTE
D'ACUNTO
D'ACCUNTO..
To know Teresa parent's name could be helpful.. Francesco Antonio had a brother born on 1853 called Marco..
When a genealogic tree is stopped means that the owner cannot follow and to update. His last info are abt Francesco Antonio... That match.. Because then he moved, surely and the emigrated with family. His father, Tommaso sr landed in Rio de Janeiro on 1898...
But to find your Antonio birth.. We have just 1 chance: to find the mother. Find the mother and you will find the children...! In other births in Sicignano are the marriage note, but no on Francesco Antonio birth record. In same year are the marriahe notes on other birth records but no on Francesco Antonio. Missed. The clerk.. To write on? No, vecause he married in different place and no send the narriage certificate in Sicignano to transcribe it... For bad luck no marriage banns in Sicignano civil records, so we cannot know Teresa birthplace... Francesco Antonio made the military service and probably remained in this place... Unknown for us...
Suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

the genealogic tree of antongeorgrossi I don't know if the infos are ok, but is no abt your ancestor, because your ancestor was the son of Tommaso and Rosa Falibene...
I believe that the genealogic tree is a mix of infos, because YOUR ancestor had a brother called Marco and a sister named Maria Rosa, unmarried and deceased in Brasil... Moreover your ancestor was born on 1857 and he lived, instead what is wrote on the genealogic tree means that the Francesco Antonio son of different parents, but born in Sicignano degli Alburni on 1855 died infant( many people have same names, especially the cousins, so it is easy to write wrong data if the italian language is no knew)... so better to search directly.. otherwise we can make errors...
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Stephanienegri

Post by Stephanienegri »

hello Suanj!

the antongrossi tree, shows that Francesco antonio is the father of Antonio di nigro my grandfather.
I noticed by the birth certificate of Jose de Condo de Negro in Brazil, it is Rosa Falibene and Francesco antonio di Nigro. In addition, I found certificates from Francesco's brothers in Brazil as well, both from Marcus Di Nigro and Maria Rosa di Nigro and also from Tommaso di Nigro, that is, all my grandfather's uncles migrated to Brazil. I think it would be quite a coincidence for a child born with the surnames "Condi" "Negro" in Rio de Janeiro, who was not Francesco Antonio and Teresa di Cunto. In addition to all the brothers being also in Brazil. The question is, where did Antonio my great-grandfather migrate in Italy who met Teresa di Cunto and had his children before arriving in Brazil? I don't think there's even a sign of Teresa ... these are years of unsuccessful search! These days with these discoveries, I have been filled with hope ... thanks to people like you and antongeorssi, who are available and help. That in the world we have more people like you!
Stephanienegri

Post by Stephanienegri »

the information on the Jose de Cunto di Negri certificate is that the maternal grandparents (Teresa di Cunto's parents) are called Maria Inglese and Giuseppe di Cunto (this information is also new to me)
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

Have you searched surname maps to see where those surnames are more prevalent?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Stephanienegri wrote: 01 May 2021, 05:27 the information on the Jose de Cunto di Negri certificate is that the maternal grandparents (Teresa di Cunto's parents) are called Maria Inglese and Giuseppe di Cunto (this information is also new to me)
Thanks, good info!

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH