Translation Req - Nicola Maria Fierro Birth Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Translation Req - Nicola Maria Fierro Birth Record

Post by TriciaFierro »

Now this record is VERY dark and again, I had it on the LIGHTEST setting. Even the folks at the FHC were trying to help make it lighter, but to no avail. :x

Here is what I can read to translate. Any help is appreciated:

Birth Record of Nicola Maria Fierro born on 24 Jan 1837
To Father Giussepe Fierro, 24, laborer, adress maybe?
And to Mother Rosa Marano my records note her as Maria Rosa, but I only see Rosa here...you? I can't make out any of the rest after her name, nor the bottom or side (the side is the darkest of the whole page..ugh!)

Thank you for straining your eyes to help with this one! :mrgreen:

http://postimage.org/image/2vhw0n604/
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Translation Req - Nicola Maria Fierro Birth Record

Post by Tessa78 »

TriciaFierro wrote:Now this record is VERY dark and again, I had it on the LIGHTEST setting. Even the folks at the FHC were trying to help make it lighter, but to no avail. :x

Here is what I can read to translate. Any help is appreciated:

Birth Record of Nicola Maria Fierro born on 24 Jan 1837
To Father Giussepe Fierro, 24, laborer, adress maybe?(this town)
And to Mother Rosa Marano my records note her as Maria Rosa, but I only see Rosa here...you? I only see Rosa Marano, age 20, his legitimate wife, residing with the declarer I can't make out any of the rest after her name, nor the bottom or side (the side is the darkest of the whole page..ugh!)

Witnesses look like Domenico D'Agostino, 46, ?, residing Strada Piazza; and Francesco Sorrentino, 56, shopkeeper, residing Strada Casa.

The baptism record on the right seems to indicate that the child was baptized on the 24th at (my best guess) Parish of San Bartolomeo :?

Thank you for straining your eyes to help with this one! :mrgreen:

http://postimage.org/image/2vhw0n604/

:D
T.
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

Thank you, thank you, Tessa!!! :)

That was a terrible copy! So frustrating when they just don't lighten up. They need a new machine and I tried to take a picture but that had too much of a glare so was just as difficult to read. Appreciate the help!
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Just want to comment on the darkness of the records you have. I can't really blame the LDS for the darkness of some of their films.

When I questioned the darkness of copies of records I received from the Salerno Archives they told me the pages were parchment and had darkened over the many years. So when copying the record from the registry book they are very dark. Some of the software I have helped me to lighten them somewhat and make them easier to read.

You may want to give it a try. Irfran View and Photoshop have helped some in my case.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

Thanks for the tip, Lilbees!!! I'm curious to see it that helps! :)
Tricia Fierro
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Your welcome!

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa