need help w/mother of the bride name

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
3sunshine
Rookie
Rookie

need help w/mother of the bride name

Post by 3sunshine »

I would appreciate help deciphering the name of the bride's mother on this marriage record - Maddalina? Giu...??????? Can anyone take a shot at it? My eyes are blurry from staring at it too much! Thanks in advance!

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: need help w/mother of the bride name

Post by erudita74 »

The surname Gibilaro is found throughout Agrigento Province, and the surname Giubilaro is found in some towns in the province as well. Neither is currently found in the town of Casteltermini though.
Erudita
3sunshine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 3sunshine »

I appreciate your assistance, thank you! Shelley
3sunshine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 3sunshine »

Another question regarding this same document and "Maddalena" - I am understanding that the groom's parents are both deceased, but what does "in vito" in front of the bride's mother's city mean? I always thought that this meant "in life" as if it were implying that she would now be deceased, or does it mean "for life" (as in life-long)?
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

3sunshine wrote:Another question regarding this same document and "Maddalena" - I am understanding that the groom's parents are both deceased, but what does "in vito" in front of the bride's mother's city mean? I always thought that this meant "in life" as if it were implying that she would now be deceased, or does it mean "for life" (as in life-long)?

Since it says "residente in vita in Casteltermini," that phrase indicates that the bride's mother was also deceased, despite the fact that the word "fu" does not appear before her name.

Erudita