outbox messages... unsent ?

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Barbarossa
Veteran
Veteran

outbox messages... unsent ?

Post by Barbarossa »

I've experienced a few messages remaining in my outbox, PM's, that remain unsent.
Is there any reason this could be and some way to rectify ??
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: outbox messages... unsent ?

Post by erudita74 »

If my memory serves me correctly, the message remains in the outbox until the receiver opens it, at which point, it shows as sent.

Erudita
Barbarossa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Barbarossa »

Ah, that explains one set - I'm guessing then that member has abandoned her membership, or at least checking in here!

I just sent a short message to Tessa78 and obviously if as you not is so, then it's not been received as yet.

I'll add to this my message to you as I had to Tessa78 and that is my wishes for a Happy New year and all the best to you !

Thanks Erudita : )

ps, If I might ask, is there a particular region of Italy you have some expertise in - I'm currently trying to source out some data/facts regarding the Garzella & del Torto of Guglieonesi CB (and San Giacomo degli Schiavone). More "on topic" posts previously put up in the Genealogy board, if you should have time to read - no requirement, still pressing on at my end, regardless. Ciao for now.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Thanks for your New Year and best wishes. Much appreciated.

I've been doing Italian genealogy research for over 20 years now. My own ancestry and my husband's is from towns in southern Italy (in Bari, Matera, and Caserta Provinces), and in Sicily (provinces: Trapani, Agrigento, Siracusa, Catania, and Messina). Of course, I have done so much volunteer work over the years, so my research has been in other areas too. I had many relatives coming out of the woodwork when they learned I was doing Italian research, so I've been all over the place with my research. Currently I'm trying to do research in the Salerno Province town of Laurino for the ancestry of one of my daughters-in law-actually for her mom. Unfortunately, not all of those records are currently accessible from home.
Barbarossa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Barbarossa »

Well, you've earned the 'master' title!
I'm certainly the newbie still but I hear you on the notion of being pulled in many directions! Quite willing that is.

I like these side journeys as I learn some new things and of new places I wasn't familiar with - and sometimes find a few surprising connections along the way.

Winding my way through the Church records of Croatia for Cres/Cherso was a learning experience for sure - branching off the maternal Rodinis side for one of my direct Pizzacalla relations. I wish some of the Molise church records for the Campobasso province were available as those Northern Italian ones were on Family Search ~ I can afford the internet expense over the airfare !

___

My current fact gathering is on the Garzella name as I noted - though it may prove yet to be a bust to me, so to speak, I'm hopeful to learn more. I have 2 known Garzella GGP from the early 1700s -- the fellow I'm helping now, could very well be a cousin, or a distant connection to the surname only and no blood relation. Given the pair of Garzella that settled in Castropignano (my parents hometown) may possibly have a link to the other Garzella in nearby <CB> community of San Giacomo or Guglionesi, I'm still curious and glad to put what I can find together.

It seems such a waste to search, read and document some records and not wind them in to the local fabric that my core tree extends to. And for those generatiosn to come, the least I can do with the time spent.

One good thing came out of this so far, I found a link that solidifies connections of residents of Castro and Guglionesi (this off of a direct line of grandparents in the D'Ortenzio surname... leading to this pair, Angelo Marrone and Anna Maria Cicamore). It may have taken time for them to get around then but, at least this stokes a little more hope for what's to come.

I add that in in case the names may benefit someone else who may want to know more.

I hope that some of the regions you mention do get imaged on line soon!
verronicka

Post by verronicka »

I had the same question, so I was really glad to see that you asked about it! I am curious as to why this site is set up in such a weird way. I have never tried to send an email to someone and had the message remain in my "outbox" just because the recipient hadn't opened the message yet. Very confusing! Especially since there *IS* a "sent messages" tab, and the messages do not appear in that section (which I think they should, regardless of their "opened" or "unopened" status).