Search found 2 matches

by mchagnon
31 Aug 2007, 13:50
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Italian vs. American
Replies: 4
Views: 5091

Re: Italian vs. American

I'm sorry, but I'm a bit confused regarding all of this maternal vs paternal. Here is my situation.

I am a female who was born in the USA in 1958.
My mother was born in the USA in 1931.
Her father was born in the USA in 1888.
His father , my great grandfather , was born in Italy...
My great ...
by mchagnon
25 May 2004, 18:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Laurino/Doti/Santangelo surnames from Sasso di Castalda, PO
Replies: 1
Views: 3513

Laurino/Doti/Santangelo surnames from Sasso di Castalda, PO

Looking for information. Tracing my roots.

Giuseppe (?Vincenzo?) Laurino born Feb. 10, 1852. Married Teresa Doti from Sasso di Castalda in early 1880's moved to the U.S. in early/mid 1880's. Name changed to James Lorraine. Had 8 children while in NY. Moved again to CA around 1921 to the San Joaquin ...