by FGinfrida
30 Sep 2010, 18:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Troina/Enna/Sicily: Merenda, Pappalardo, Giuffrida, Grasso
Replies: 17
Views: 18228

Re: Troina/Enna/Sicily: Merenda, Pappalardo, Giuffrida, Gras

Lou,

How was your trip? I hope that you met with success. Let me know if you would like any more info on my family.

Frank.
by FGinfrida
23 Jun 2010, 16:31

louangelo, There could be some connection with the Giuffridas - but Giuffrida is a very common Sicilian name. My relatives with that surname originated in western Catania / eastern Enna province. Let me know if this makes any sense with your family; I can provide you with notes on the topic. Frank.
by FGinfrida
28 Sep 2009, 02:56

Steven, I'll take an educated guess that we're connected. :) I think that the names are Lucia Merenda Renna (my father's cousin), Ann Renna Varni (my second cousin), and you, your 2 brothers and 2 sisters (my 3 daughters' third cousins). I believe that Lucia travel to California with her mother Dome...
by FGinfrida
30 Jul 2004, 18:41

Troina/Enna/Sicily: Merenda, Pappalardo, Giuffrida, Grasso

I'm researching a number of families that emigrated from Troina, Enna, Sicily between 1895 and 1925. The families are Merenda, Pappalardo, Giuffrida, Grasso, Sutera, Buoncampagno. I have notes/information on about half of the individuals (of the ones I'm related to - obviously). I'd be glad to share...