Search found 3 matches

by Ritametermaid
24 Jul 2005, 23:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: women traveling under maiden names?
Replies: 3
Views: 5069

Re: women traveling under maiden names?

According to Italian custom, women retain their "maiden" names. The name you are born with is the name you die with. It was only when women came to the USA did they adopt the American custom of taking their husband's surname. I believe this still holds true today.
by Ritametermaid
01 Jul 2005, 19:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Fara San Martino,province Chieti, Italy
Replies: 6
Views: 15059

Re: Fara San Martino,province Chieti, Italy

I am researching the surnames Sciarra, Ippolito, Luberti (Loberto) and Piacentro (Piacentino) all from Fara San Martino.

Hi there,

The Family History Center has microfilm that you can order and rent for about $3.50 a roll. Here are the film numbers for the town of Fara San Martino.

http//www ...
by Ritametermaid
01 Jul 2005, 06:47
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Fara San Martino,province Chieti, Italy
Replies: 6
Views: 15059

Re: Fara San Martino,province Chieti, Italy

I am researching the surnames Sciarra, Ippolito, Luberti (Loberto) and Piacentro (Piacentino) all from Fara San Martino.