Search found 4 matches

by efinn
24 Mar 2014, 18:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Location of great grandparents based on their surnames
Replies: 5
Views: 4451

Re: Location of great grandparents based on their surnames

Just a thank you to Peggy M, Cathy & Melina for taking the time to try and assist me with my Italian research. Hind sight is always 20-20 and I can see that there are things that I didn't make clear in my original post. First is that the surnames I put under my signature should have been just ...
by efinn
08 Jul 2007, 16:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Location of great grandparents based on their surnames
Replies: 5
Views: 4451

Location of great grandparents based on their surnames

I have been through most of the available U.S. records for my great grandparents and unfortunately so far, none of these records provide evidence of the Town/Village of origin in Italy. Most simply state Italy.

My interest is now turning towards trying to locate the region they might have come from ...
by efinn
29 Jan 2005, 17:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pompieri research in Modugno, Bari
Replies: 1
Views: 4333

Pompieri research in Modugno, Bari

Recent genealogical information obtained has broadened my Pompieri research. I now know that the parents of Giuseppe Pompieri were Raffaele Tarantino and Irena Toriano from Modugno. Giuseppe had siblings -

Francesco Toriano b. 1865 (married to Maria Vassallo)
Giuseppe Pompieri b. 1883 (married ...
by efinn
24 Aug 2004, 18:45
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Birth record translation
Replies: 3
Views: 7975

Birth record translation

I have scanned my grandfather's birth record and would appreciate any assistance that can be provided in translating the cursive entries.
Top half: http://www.thecore.com/efinn/gene/joe_A.gif
Bottom half: http://www.thecore.com/efinn/gene/joe_B.gif