Search found 3655 matches

by PippoM
Yesterday, 14:21
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help with Polish marriage record in Latin
Replies: 3
Views: 55

Re: Help with Polish marriage record in Latin

(Summary) November 5th, 1820 The Parson of said place, George Berent, after publishing banns three times on three holidays in a row, having found no impedment, joined in marriage Thomas, 28 years old, and Rosalia, 20 years old (both never married, I think, and living in Mrosowo). Following, the name...
by PippoM
19 Sep 2020, 22:47
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Sicilian Grandparents and GGP+.
Replies: 1
Views: 58

Re: Looking for Sicilian Grandparents and GGP+.

Hello,
when did they emigrate, and where?
by PippoM
19 Sep 2020, 22:28
Topic: Russo Family Rome
Views: 13

Re: Russo Family Rome

Can you show us her death record?
by PippoM
19 Sep 2020, 22:25
Topic: rose italy- talarico family
Views: 18

Re: rose italy- talarico family

Unfortunately, online records for Rose are only available at Family History Centers of the Mormon Church, that are now closed because of Covid. However, this is the link https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/450749?availability=Family%20History%20Library you can check from time to time to see ...
by PippoM
19 Sep 2020, 22:17
Topic: Conte
Views: 42

Re: Conte

The birth record is too recent to be found online, so, you have to write to the Town Offices of Torre Annunziata: Comune di Torre Annunziata Servizi Demografici Ufficio Stato Civile Corso Vittorio Emanuele III n. 293 or email statocivile@pec.comune.torreannunziata.na.it but this email can be a probl...
by PippoM
19 Sep 2020, 22:04
Topic: Looking for info on my paternal great grandfather
Views: 26

Re: Looking for info on my paternal great grandfather

Do you have documents related to Gaspare? Do you know some dates?
by PippoM
19 Sep 2020, 22:02
Topic: Naples marriage documents from 1875-1879
Views: 22

Re: Naples marriage documents from 1875-1879

If you write to the Comune of Naples, you have to know what 2section" of the city they married in.
Do you know when they were born?
by PippoM
10 Sep 2020, 14:36
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Immigration to Peru
Views: 94

Re: Immigration to Peru

Hello!
If you give some names and dates, we can help better!
by PippoM
10 Sep 2020, 14:33
Topic: picture of passport circa 1890 need help translating
Replies: 4
Views: 74

Re: picture of passport circa 1890 need help translating

Here she is: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Avellino/Stato+civile+italiano/Parolise/Nati/1882/1256/007861836_01072.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=0 She was born in 1882, but probably who filled in the passport got confused with its number ("1892" top left) You're welcome...
by PippoM
10 Sep 2020, 14:10
Topic: picture of passport circa 1890 need help translating
Views: 74

Re: picture of passport circa 1890 need help translating

Issued to Maria Maddalena Loffredo daughter of Sabino and Potenza (unusual name for a woman) Tirella born in Parolise on Sep 14, 1892 residing in Atripalda province of Avellino (?) peasant I've checked births in Parolise, but I could not find Maria Maddalena. Yet, there are three birth records that ...
by PippoM
10 Sep 2020, 13:22
Topic: Looking for Leonardo Grillo
Views: 75

Re: Looking for Leonardo Grillo

Hello! Unfortunately, civil records for Udine area are only available from 1806 to 1815, and from 1871 on Such are here: http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Udine/ For other years, it is necessary to contact local parishes (if, and when they reply) https://www.chiesacattol...
by PippoM
09 Sep 2020, 16:59
Topic: Marriage of Angela Costa and ?
Views: 79

Re: Marriage of Angela Costa and ?

The actual marriage states "Zei", while the publication of banns states "Gej" on the side, but "Zej" in the proper record. In written Italian of the XIX century, it was usual to write an "i" next to another vowel as a "j", so, that should be no problem. My guess is that the side writing is a mistake...
by PippoM
09 Sep 2020, 13:15
Topic: Translation on a strange birth record
Replies: 2
Views: 55

Re: Translation on a strange birth record

You are correct a bout the place, the birth was recorded in Cairo on Jul 28th, 1910. Daniele Costa, 42 years old, born in Forgaria, declared the birth of a female baby, born on day 24th, of his "natural union" with a not married, unrelated to him, and not mentioned, woman, in a home situated at 76, ...
by PippoM
08 Sep 2020, 10:23
Topic: Looking for translation of marriage record
Views: 96

Re: Looking for translation of marriage record

Date of "solemn promise": Sep 2nd, 1844 Groom: Vincenzo Imbrò, 27 years old, sailorman, born and residing in Girgenti, in the district San Gerlando, Strada del Celso (?), son of Francesco, and Giuseppa Gagliò, both deceased. Bride: Maria Rosa Attardo, 21 yo, born in Cammarata, residing in Girgenti, ...
by PippoM
08 Sep 2020, 09:32
Topic: Roccamatisi marriage?
Views: 71

Re: Roccamatisi marriage?

Well, I think it is likely to be the correct one. The surname "Ragamatisi" doesn't seem to exist today, and can just be a bad spelling of Roccamatisi. But it's hard to read, at least for me. Aug 22nd, 1616 Andrea, son of Lorenzo (???) and Car(oli)na, both deceased Geronima, daughter of deceased Nico...