Search found 4547 matches

by PippoM
Yesterday, 13:12
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help translating Marriage - Allegati Documents
Replies: 2
Views: 78

Re: Help translating Marriage - Allegati Documents

Hello, I was looking for some help translating a few documents I see in the marriage - allegati of my great great grandfather and grandmother from Gaggio Montano. The team has helped with some prior translations, but I was able to find what I think are perhaps their birth records as part of the mar...
by PippoM
10 Aug 2022, 11:59
Topic: Postcard photo translations
Replies: 18
Views: 377

Re: Postcard photo translations

Angela, I try to give my contribution... However, apersico has a treasure! :) Continuing on: 9. Dearest Uncle Here I send you my small photograph, although I feel bad that they are not? photographs of Italy.? I understand, but not easy to explain..."benché sto male, che vuoi, sono fotografie da...
by PippoM
10 Aug 2022, 11:41

3. My dear sister, this is me, your sister, Maria. 4. Correggia, 2 4 May 1938 I can't find a place named Correggia... 5. Cigaga? Not sure about this one I wonder what they meant, too . 6. A momento of your acquainted or known sister-in-law. Maria Bini. Addressed to: Signora Angelina Giocovelli. (So...
by PippoM
09 Aug 2022, 11:05

2) Cara sorella, conosci il tuo vestito, e mi vesto della vostra roba e Dio vi darà fortuna per sempre e vi fa passare bene quanto desiderate "Dear sister, you know your dress, I'm wearing your stuff, and God will send you luck forever, and will give you what you wish." I guess the dress w...
by PippoM
09 Aug 2022, 11:00

I try, though I don't know if my English translation will sound fit 1) Ricordo dei tuoi nipoti Lina e Franco. Saluti con affetto "A keepsake from your nipoti Lina and Franco. Loving greetings" "Nipote", as you may know is used to mean nieces and nephews, as whell as a grandchild....
by PippoM
08 Aug 2022, 09:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help with Dragoni Italy
Replies: 14
Views: 3494

Re: Help with Dragoni Italy

Is your Alessandro the same mentioned in this thread?
Otherwise, you better start a new one.
by PippoM
30 Jul 2022, 14:14
Topic: Marriage Record Translation
Replies: 7
Views: 175

Re: Marriage Record Translation

My guess is that is not "Iola", but "Sola": "sola una habita proclamatione" "after only one bann".
I admit the letter doesn't look so much like an "S", though it's different from the other "J"'s.
by PippoM
29 Jul 2022, 11:01
Topic: Antenati Download
Views: 267

Re: Antenati Download

Try this:

https://iiif-antenati.san.beniculturali ... efault.jpg

This shows a sample page. Change the "LyqdNGD" to the 7-char code you read in the url of the page you want to download.
Then right click on the image, and save
by PippoM
29 Jul 2022, 10:50
Topic: Marriage Record Translation
Views: 175

Re: Marriage Record Translation

Groom: Marcello Giacomo, son of living Antonio (son of deceased Guglielmo) and of Maddalena (daughter of deceased Giacomo Brunero)
Bride: Maria Poletti, daughter of Michele (son of deceased Carlo) and of Elisabetta (daughter of deceased Domenico Ruffalto (?))
by PippoM
29 Jul 2022, 00:08
Topic: Giuseppe Rubino, Trabia, Morti
Replies: 5
Views: 172

Re: Giuseppe Rubino, Trabia, Morti

Yes, he died on 29 Aug 1915.
28 Nov 1915 is the date of the letter transmitting the certificate.
by PippoM
28 Jul 2022, 15:10
Topic: death record - Donatantonio Fusco
Replies: 3
Views: 89

Re: death record - Donatantonio Fusco

Donatantonio Fuso, 61 years old, deputy secretary (I think by "vicesegretario" they meant a Town clerk of high level), son of Tommaso (pharmacist) and Saverina Baratta, both deceased, and residing in Montemiletto when alive, husband of Concetta De Rogatis.
by PippoM
28 Jul 2022, 14:37
Topic: Sebastiano La Barbera's Mother
Replies: 2
Views: 89

Re: Sebastiano La Barbera's Mother

I agree that mother's name in the death record might be wrong, but...how does your contact know that her name was really Giuseppa Luzzardo? Does he have another document, or does he say that just because he found it in FS? Remember that FS is not a "source", it's just a repository where ev...
by PippoM
28 Jul 2022, 14:33
Topic: Giuseppe Rubino, Trabia, Morti
Replies: 5
Views: 172

Re: Giuseppe Rubino, Trabia, Morti

Mother's name is "italianized" to Ignazia Spidaliero, the rest is correct.
by PippoM
25 Jul 2022, 11:07
Topic: Diocese of Siracusa
Replies: 4
Views: 158

Re: Diocese of Siracusa

MarcuccioV wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 15:32 It looks very much like the one Pippo posted for me.
Yes, it's taken from the same "catalogue" of Italian Diocesan Archives.
by PippoM
24 Jul 2022, 13:35
Topic: Diocese of Siracusa
Replies: 4
Views: 158

Re: Diocese of Siracusa

I can't see any reference to online records on this site, but they have a historical archive https://arcidiocesi.siracusa.it/archivio-storico-diocesano/ Here is what they have (from another source): Fondi o serie proprie dell’Archivio 1. Visite pastorali, unità 111 1520-1897 2. Editti e note, unita ...