Search found 4 matches
- 10 Feb 2005, 14:11
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help translating a letter from Italy
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4388
Need help translating a letter from Italy
I sent letters (translated into Italian on a free website) to 19 people in Italy sharing my last name, Piesco. I got a phone call (That was exciting and frustrating! Neither of us could understand each other) And a letter yesterday! When I tried to use the free websites ( freetranslation.com and ...
- 30 Dec 2004, 02:20
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Searching for Piesco, Help!
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8384
Re: Searching for Piesco, Help!
I went to the archives today and found passenger and immigration records for many of the Piescos. Thanks for your help!
- 23 Dec 2004, 04:20
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Searching for Piesco, Help!
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8384
Re: Searching for Piesco, Help!
Thanks for the replies. I just sent an email to Waltham. My grandfather's brothers names were Nicola (Nick) and Savario (Frank). His parents names were Michele and Angiolina (or Maria) Scarpelli. Angelo's wife's name was Catherine Calitri (born in MA) I have copies of his certificate of ...
- 23 Dec 2004, 01:47
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Searching for Piesco, Help!
- Replies: 7
- Views: 8384
Searching for Piesco, Help!
I am trying to trace my ancestors with the name Piesco. I know my great grandfather, Angelo was born in Casalvecchio di Puglia, Foggia in 1901 and came to America around 1916 with his mother. His father and brothers had arrived around 7 years earlier. Supposedly, they came through Ellis Island and ...