Search found 28 matches

by Auburn0508
07 Mar 2005, 01:56
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Australian girl seeks Italian/Jugoslavian heritage info
Replies: 54
Views: 49589

Re: Australian girl seeks Italian/Jugoslavian heritage info

Hiya guys. :) Just a quick update. FINALLY have the documents from the National Archives - the full file (kinda). There were are few documents that were concealed for political reasons, but I'll argue for those if possible. Will review the file tonight and decide on the next course of action... in o...
by Auburn0508
02 Feb 2005, 03:22
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Just starting to search
Replies: 39
Views: 26480

Re: Just starting to search

Your favourite little translation website doesn't seem to think so... it doesn't even recognise your last phrase. :twisted:
by Auburn0508
02 Feb 2005, 02:39

Sì, dunque sembra. Tale è la vita.
by Auburn0508
02 Feb 2005, 02:26

OK so I am not a teacher! I certainly do not want you to shudder. if not a teacher then perhaps I am flypaper for freaks? is that better for you. Please advise before the screw up fairy visits us. Peter Too late Peter - the screw up fairy's already here. Look in the mirror... As for intelligence, o...
by Auburn0508
01 Feb 2005, 23:33

Dear people all you do is convince me that I am more sophisticated than I thought. Peter FYI - Sophistication has nothing to do with crude, boorish behaviour such as that which you have presented on this site many times. Quite the opposite, in fact, my dear . As for living in NY, where the "hu...
by Auburn0508
27 Jan 2005, 03:35

I'm glad I've been basing my research on the paper evidence, and not on my mother's recollection... Was talking to her last night, and we got onto the topic of the research. I mentioned trying to get info on her grandmother (father's mother), Catherine Beric. She claimed that Beric was a Dutch name,...
by Auburn0508
24 Jan 2005, 00:10

Thanks for the help, guys and gals. :) It's all one big waiting game now. Have sent letters to the Consolato d'Italia and a couple of other places, so there doesn't seem to be much more I can do. O/T - Have also sent away for some information from BD&M (Dept. of Births, Deaths & Marriages) a...
by Auburn0508
19 Jan 2005, 03:56
Topic: Other nationality research
Replies: 6
Views: 5789

Re: Other nationality research

acamma - you have PM
by Auburn0508
19 Jan 2005, 02:45
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation of silly things..
Replies: 16
Views: 20881

Re: Translation of silly things..

Attained by www.freetranslation.com: Coffee Table = tavolino da caffè Candle = candela Movies (dvd's) = unsure.... :) il film is the translation of "movie", but I don't know if it's in the right context. Picture Frame = dipingere la cornice Sewing Machine = maching cucendo Dishwasher = ...
by Auburn0508
18 Jan 2005, 01:43
Topic: surnames Cantoni & Piazzi (Circus)
Replies: 30
Views: 30816

Re: surnames Cantoni & Piazzi (Circus)

Please let me know if you gain any further information of descendents closer to the modern date - say, within the last 20-30 years. I have currently met two differnt Cantoni gentlemen here in Townsville, Australia within the last two weeks... no known links between them, but you never know what you ...
by Auburn0508
14 Jan 2005, 05:57

Wldspirit:

I've only had time for a brief look, but muchos gracias senorita. :) This seems to be exactly what I need to get ahead.

Now hopefully they'll reply... especially if I add a little incentive or two. :wink: Although I should check the exchange rate for $AUS to the Euro... :D
by Auburn0508
14 Jan 2005, 05:29

I have written the letter in English - that's where I got the first translation from (to Italian). The re-translation was a quality/accuracy check on the program... I'm sending both English and Italian as a courtesy to both them and myself. They can choose which language to reply in - and I will hav...
by Auburn0508
14 Jan 2005, 04:52

I'm planning on sending the same letter twice in each envelope - one in English and one in Italian.
by Auburn0508
14 Jan 2005, 03:42

I initially translated from English to Italian. Then, to check the quality, I put the exact Italian translation back into the system, and translated it to English. I have heard of cases like this before, where a re-translation goes awry. That's why I posted it, to get the input and assistance of peo...
by Auburn0508
14 Jan 2005, 03:30

Yup - used the very same link you posted me in an earlier message. Copied & pasted the translation directly as it said on the webiste to here.