Hiya guys. :)
Just a quick update. FINALLY have the documents from the National Archives - the full file (kinda). There were are few documents that were concealed for political reasons, but I'll argue for those if possible. Will review the file tonight and decide on the next course of action... in ...
Search found 28 matches
- 07 Mar 2005, 01:56
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Australian girl seeks Italian/Jugoslavian heritage info
- Replies: 54
- Views: 57522
- 02 Feb 2005, 03:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Just starting to search
- Replies: 39
- Views: 39193
Re: Just starting to search
Your favourite little translation website doesn't seem to think so... it doesn't even recognise your last phrase. 
- 02 Feb 2005, 02:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Just starting to search
- Replies: 39
- Views: 39193
Re: Just starting to search
Sì, dunque sembra. Tale è la vita.
- 02 Feb 2005, 02:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Just starting to search
- Replies: 39
- Views: 39193
Re: Just starting to search
OK so I am not a teacher! I certainly do not want you to shudder. if not a teacher then perhaps I am flypaper for freaks? is that better for you. Please advise before the screw up fairy visits us. Peter
Too late Peter - the screw up fairy's already here. Look in the mirror...
As for intelligence ...
Too late Peter - the screw up fairy's already here. Look in the mirror...
As for intelligence ...
- 01 Feb 2005, 23:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Just starting to search
- Replies: 39
- Views: 39193
Re: Just starting to search
Dear people all you do is convince me that I am more sophisticated than I thought. Peter
FYI - Sophistication has nothing to do with crude, boorish behaviour such as that which you have presented on this site many times. Quite the opposite, in fact, my dear .
As for living in NY, where the ...
FYI - Sophistication has nothing to do with crude, boorish behaviour such as that which you have presented on this site many times. Quite the opposite, in fact, my dear .
As for living in NY, where the ...
- 27 Jan 2005, 03:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Australian girl seeks Italian/Jugoslavian heritage info
- Replies: 54
- Views: 57522
Re: Australian girl seeks Italian/Jugoslavian heritage info
I'm glad I've been basing my research on the paper evidence, and not on my mother's recollection...
Was talking to her last night, and we got onto the topic of the research. I mentioned trying to get info on her grandmother (father's mother), Catherine Beric. She claimed that Beric was a Dutch name ...
Was talking to her last night, and we got onto the topic of the research. I mentioned trying to get info on her grandmother (father's mother), Catherine Beric. She claimed that Beric was a Dutch name ...
- 24 Jan 2005, 00:10
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Australian girl seeks Italian/Jugoslavian heritage info
- Replies: 54
- Views: 57522
Re: Australian girl seeks Italian/Jugoslavian heritage info
Thanks for the help, guys and gals. :)
It's all one big waiting game now. Have sent letters to the Consolato d'Italia and a couple of other places, so there doesn't seem to be much more I can do.
O/T - Have also sent away for some information from BD&M (Dept. of Births, Deaths & Marriages) and ...
It's all one big waiting game now. Have sent letters to the Consolato d'Italia and a couple of other places, so there doesn't seem to be much more I can do.
O/T - Have also sent away for some information from BD&M (Dept. of Births, Deaths & Marriages) and ...
- 19 Jan 2005, 03:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Other nationality research
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6651
Re: Other nationality research
acamma - you have PM
- 19 Jan 2005, 02:45
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of silly things..
- Replies: 16
- Views: 25461
Re: Translation of silly things..
Attained by www.freetranslation.com:
Coffee Table = tavolino da caffè
Candle = candela
Movies (dvd's) = unsure.... :) il film is the translation of "movie", but I don't know if it's in the right context.
Picture Frame = dipingere la cornice
Sewing Machine = maching cucendo
Dishwasher ...
Coffee Table = tavolino da caffè
Candle = candela
Movies (dvd's) = unsure.... :) il film is the translation of "movie", but I don't know if it's in the right context.
Picture Frame = dipingere la cornice
Sewing Machine = maching cucendo
Dishwasher ...
- 18 Jan 2005, 01:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: surnames Cantoni & Piazzi (Circus)
- Replies: 30
- Views: 38298
Re: surnames Cantoni & Piazzi (Circus)
Please let me know if you gain any further information of descendents closer to the modern date - say, within the last 20-30 years. I have currently met two differnt Cantoni gentlemen here in Townsville, Australia within the last two weeks... no known links between them, but you never know what you ...
- 14 Jan 2005, 05:57
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Australian girl seeks Italian/Jugoslavian heritage info
- Replies: 54
- Views: 57522
Re: Australian girl seeks Italian/Jugoslavian heritage info
Wldspirit:
I've only had time for a brief look, but muchos gracias senorita.
This seems to be exactly what I need to get ahead.
Now hopefully they'll reply... especially if I add a little incentive or two.
Although I should check the exchange rate for $AUS to the Euro... 
I've only had time for a brief look, but muchos gracias senorita.
Now hopefully they'll reply... especially if I add a little incentive or two.
- 14 Jan 2005, 05:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Australian girl seeks Italian/Jugoslavian heritage info
- Replies: 54
- Views: 57522
Re: Australian girl seeks Italian/Jugoslavian heritage info
I have written the letter in English - that's where I got the first translation from (to Italian). The re-translation was a quality/accuracy check on the program...
I'm sending both English and Italian as a courtesy to both them and myself. They can choose which language to reply in - and I will ...
I'm sending both English and Italian as a courtesy to both them and myself. They can choose which language to reply in - and I will ...
- 14 Jan 2005, 04:52
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Australian girl seeks Italian/Jugoslavian heritage info
- Replies: 54
- Views: 57522
Re: Australian girl seeks Italian/Jugoslavian heritage info
I'm planning on sending the same letter twice in each envelope - one in English and one in Italian.
- 14 Jan 2005, 03:42
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Australian girl seeks Italian/Jugoslavian heritage info
- Replies: 54
- Views: 57522
Re: Australian girl seeks Italian/Jugoslavian heritage info
I initially translated from English to Italian. Then, to check the quality, I put the exact Italian translation back into the system, and translated it to English.
I have heard of cases like this before, where a re-translation goes awry. That's why I posted it, to get the input and assistance of ...
I have heard of cases like this before, where a re-translation goes awry. That's why I posted it, to get the input and assistance of ...
- 14 Jan 2005, 03:30
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Australian girl seeks Italian/Jugoslavian heritage info
- Replies: 54
- Views: 57522
Re: Australian girl seeks Italian/Jugoslavian heritage info
Yup - used the very same link you posted me in an earlier message. Copied & pasted the translation directly as it said on the webiste to here.