by 4gvduro
04 Jul 2007, 01:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Caporale family history
Replies: 15
Views: 11184

Re: Caporale family history

Hello Raymo,

I think I have exchanged e-mail with you before. Did Vincenzo have siblings that you know? I am still searching for info on Domenica Caporale b. abt 1860 most likely in Accera. She m. Gennaro Gallo in Accera abt 1882.

Thanks
by 4gvduro
04 Jul 2007, 00:14
Topic: Norman
Replies: 1
Views: 4572

Re: Norman

Searching for information on the Norman family. My mother-in-law, born in Pomigliano d'Arco (Campania) in 1900 (approx.) was named Maria Stella Sibilio (maiden name - Norman). I would like to know more about her family. Many thanks. Hello mler, I wonder if you have any info on the SIBILIO family. M...
by 4gvduro
19 Jan 2006, 06:49
Topic: orphans & illegitimate children in italy 1850
Replies: 36
Views: 57991

Re: orphans & illegitimate children in italy 1850

I consider the naming of illegitimate children to be an important topic for those interested in genealogy. This is definitely a topic of interest to me. My husband's great great grandfather was a "foundling" and family stories say that he was named "Duro" because he was "to...
by 4gvduro
10 Jan 2005, 07:39
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Orphanage in ACERRA
Views: 22116

Re: Orphanage in ACERRA

Thank you suanj for your reply and advice. If I write to the Archivo di stato of Napoli. Will I have to write it in Italian? Unfortunately I do not speak it or write it, so I am wondering what is the best way to writing these places, english, or find a translator?

Thanks,
by 4gvduro
09 Jan 2005, 21:03

I would like to first see if the story is true by finding an orphanage or convent with records of him being there, with perhaps an approximate birthdate. Maybe also a marriage record to see who is listed as his parents (if they are listed at all). Ultimately I would like to find his parents, but I r...
by 4gvduro
08 Jan 2005, 03:20

Thank you for the info James and Peter. We are pretty sure that Carmanine did not emigrate with his son, but I have done extensive searches in census and death records anyway and have come up with nothing. His son was Gennaro Duro, b. Aug 15, 1880 in Acerra . He married Josephina Balletta Nov 3, 190...
by 4gvduro
07 Jan 2005, 08:01

Orphanage in ACERRA

I am looking for Carmanine DURO who was born in Acerra Italy probably in the 1850's or early 1860's. The story is that he was dropped off at an orphanage or a convent in Acerra as an infant, and he was given the name DURO which means "tough". He married Marianna ? and his son emigrated to ...