Search found 62 matches

by DonnaH
18 Jun 2006, 18:11
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Campenarello
Replies: 41
Views: 40337

Re: Campenarello

Found my Pasquale as noted above. also found a Pasqualina. I was told he did have a sister , and that her name was possibly Molly. Anyone have any ideas on how someone could have gotten Molly out of Pasqualina?? Pennsylvania Records dept finally sent me death cert. on my great grandparents. My pater...
by DonnaH
15 Jun 2006, 07:15
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Happy Birthday Maria
Replies: 27
Views: 24932

Re: Happy Birthday Maria

HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY MARIA

DONNA
by DonnaH
11 May 2006, 06:35

I was using the ellis site. I was trying to get on the Steve Morse site and all the links say not avail. Do you know of any problems with that site??

I do not have access to Ancestory but can go to the local library and use it there if I can download from that site

donna
by DonnaH
11 May 2006, 05:40

I think I found him. Pasquale De Marco arrived 03/13/1902 27 yrs old SS Sardegna It says he is going to Pittston to Uncle Vincenzo Mazzarella. So I know it is him. I used to be able to download the manifest but now I can't any idea why?? All paperwork here says DeMark. Also found a Pasqualina De Mar...
by DonnaH
10 May 2006, 15:47

Hi All, Hope everyone is doing well. Good news finally found my grandfather's 1/2 brother on the 1920 census, Pittston, Pa. It says he immigrated around 1902. In 1920 his age was 41. His name was Pasquale DeMark. I cannot seem to find him on the manifests. I do know for certain he arrived before 190...
by DonnaH
05 May 2006, 05:16
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translate please
Replies: 7
Views: 6728

Re: Translate please

Elba,

Thank you so very much

donna
by DonnaH
04 May 2006, 05:08
Topic: Translate please
Replies: 7
Views: 6728

Translate please

Hi all, I was at a dead end on my research so I put it away for awhile. Was home sick today and decided to organize my research. I came across this letter that I was trying to write. I have no idea what I was writing about. Can someone please translate it for me so I can figure out what I was up to?...
by DonnaH
28 Apr 2006, 14:04
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Changes in first names
Replies: 13
Views: 10617

Re: Changes in first names

Hello, My grandfathers name was Saverio. His naturalization papers his name is Saverio, but he was called Sam here in the U.S. His son my father was named Sam (americanized) after his father. Saverio's grandson was named Xavier. Supposedly another italian version of the name. I have a cousin that na...
by DonnaH
29 Mar 2006, 10:13
Topic: English to Italian
Replies: 5
Views: 6470

English to Italian

Still no luck finding my grandfathers birth record from the microfiche at my FHL. Have decided to try my luck writing to the local churches asking for information. Could someone please translate the following sentence into Italian for me. "Saverio's siblings names and dates of birth are as foll...
by DonnaH
09 Mar 2006, 06:51

Hi everyone,

I have been thru the films for Pietradefusi and did not find my grandfather or his siblings birth records.
What are the chances that the churches listed above can help me?
I feel like I am at a dead end.
donna
by DonnaH
07 Mar 2006, 18:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Barletta, Pasquale
Replies: 22
Views: 23252

Re: Barletta, Pasquale

mfjp and suanj thanks so very much for your help.
I knew I could count on you.

It is not the Mara Gracia that I am looking for but probably related somehow, so it will be held for future reference.
Have a wonderful day!!!!

donna
by DonnaH
04 Mar 2006, 22:52
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Download speed of ItalianGenealogy.com
Replies: 102
Views: 84280

Re: Download speed of ItalianGenealogy.com

I keep getting the database error on just about everything also. Started Friday.

donna
by DonnaH
02 Feb 2006, 06:05
Topic: Montemiletto -
Replies: 18
Views: 14838

Re: Montemiletto -

Just got your pics. They are wonderful. Thank you so very much. How can I find out who the Barletta's are on the monument???

Donna
by DonnaH
28 Jan 2006, 21:39
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Italian custom
Replies: 2
Views: 5904

Italian custom

Hi everyone,
Was there an Italian custom that on Palm Sunday you would present a palm to your Grandfather then bend and kiss his hand?? A cousin just wrote to me and said that is what they would do to each palm Sunday.
by DonnaH
28 Jan 2006, 03:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Barletta, Pasquale
Replies: 22
Views: 23252

Re: Barletta, Pasquale

Hi All, Thanks for all your help. Everyone here is GREAT! The posted Maria Masserella is not my ggrandmother. I have found her on the Ellis Island site and census records. Arrived 1/17/1912 onboard the Berlin. I access Ancestory record at my local library. I have draft regis. cards for my Saverio, M...