Search found 11 matches
- 30 Jan 2006, 16:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: PARENTE/PARENTI/PARENT
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3040
PARENTE/PARENTI/PARENT
I have a few questions about the above names. At one time I remember someone telling me that PARENTE was used in the south, and PARENTI was used more in the north. And then I heard (with our family at least) that they may have come from France with Napoleon, and it was actually the French PARENT. I ...
- 30 Jan 2006, 02:36
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: CARABINIERI REALI
- Replies: 4
- Views: 8351
Re: CARABINIERI REALI
Thanks for that suggestion. I'll work on checking those records.
- 29 Jan 2006, 18:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: CARABINIERI REALI
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2333
CARABINIERI REALI
I have already posted this in the history section, but didn't know if perhaps this would be a better place.
My great grandfather died in San Francisco in 1896. Offical records lost due to the 1906 earthquake and fire, but I was able to locate the undertaker that did the funeral and their records ...
My great grandfather died in San Francisco in 1896. Offical records lost due to the 1906 earthquake and fire, but I was able to locate the undertaker that did the funeral and their records ...
- 29 Jan 2006, 18:00
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: CARABINIERI REALI
- Replies: 4
- Views: 8351
Re: CARABINIERI REALI
He was a musician. He played violin and harp. Someone suggested that he was perhaps retired from the Carabinieri Reali. If so I am hoping that a record survives. I have emailed the official Carabinieri Reali site and will await a reply.
Yes, he died horribly. He was either was given, or took ...
Yes, he died horribly. He was either was given, or took ...
- 29 Jan 2006, 03:07
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: CARABINIERI REALI
- Replies: 4
- Views: 8351
CARABINIERI REALI
Not sure if this is the right place or the genealogy section. But here goes. My great grandfather died in San Francisco in 1896. Offical records lost due to the 1906 earthquake and fire, but I was able to locate the undertaker that did the funeral and their records were intact.
On their ledger ...
On their ledger ...
- 04 Jul 2005, 10:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Records of Relgious?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13136
Re: Records of Relgious?
That's ok. I did wonder if he might be listed, only because it said in some areas registration started in (I think) 1865 of those 18 years of age. In other areas it said 187-something which would make him older. Like the 1855 date plus 18 years = 1873. So still might work. You never know what was ...
- 04 Jul 2005, 05:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Records of Relgious?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13136
Re: Records of Relgious?
Missy,
One way to find out the city of origin, when one only knows the province, is to write to the state archives of that province and request the conscription record (registro di leva).
All males in Italy at the age of eighteen had to report to the draft board. If your great-grandfather ...
One way to find out the city of origin, when one only knows the province, is to write to the state archives of that province and request the conscription record (registro di leva).
All males in Italy at the age of eighteen had to report to the draft board. If your great-grandfather ...
- 03 Jul 2005, 20:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Records of Relgious?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13136
Re: Records of Relgious?
After writing I went back through my information looking for more clues.
On my great aunt's baptismal certificate are listed the godparents, Nicola CIANCIARULO, and Maria VOTTO. In checking California death records I found 4 Votto deaths in the right time period, whose mother's maiden name was ...
On my great aunt's baptismal certificate are listed the godparents, Nicola CIANCIARULO, and Maria VOTTO. In checking California death records I found 4 Votto deaths in the right time period, whose mother's maiden name was ...
- 03 Jul 2005, 07:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Records of Relgious?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13136
Re: Records of Relgious?
Wow, this seems to be a tough one. They both died so young and all recors lost in the fire after the earthquake of 1906. The manifest shows they are from the Basilicata Region.
Have you had any luck tracing the brother, Frank? Found census or passenger records for him? He maybe the key.
Debbie ...
Have you had any luck tracing the brother, Frank? Found census or passenger records for him? He maybe the key.
Debbie ...
- 03 Jul 2005, 03:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Records of Relgious?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13136
Re: Records of Relgious?
Hello,
almost every town in Italy there is a Semionario, where young guys decide to study and become catholic priest.
If you want to know where your ancestors come from, you should give us last name, passenger ship list, dob, dom, dod, ssdi and any other infos loike that.
bye ricbru
My great ...
almost every town in Italy there is a Semionario, where young guys decide to study and become catholic priest.
If you want to know where your ancestors come from, you should give us last name, passenger ship list, dob, dom, dod, ssdi and any other infos loike that.
bye ricbru
My great ...
- 03 Jul 2005, 02:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Records of Relgious?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13136
Records of Relgious?
Perhaps someone here might have a suggestion. So far I have been unable to locate the specific town or village in Italy my family came from. In going through some old correspondence from 1969 I was reminded that there was a priest (since died) in San Francisco who said that when he was first ...