Search found 14 matches

by yochana
11 Sep 2006, 13:17
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Fedele & Tillie Dellabruna
Replies: 32
Views: 17855

Re: Fedele & Tillie Dellabruna

confirmed and correct. A chap by the name of carl my dad says.
by yochana
10 Sep 2006, 19:50

I see there is a 1930 census reference for Joseph and Adelaide and right below it, a "Gillie" could this be Tillie? Birth year matches. Can you give me a link to that 1930 census? It is for Marin County. Why can't I find a death index on Joe??? I found Adelaide. I am also not successful pu...
by yochana
10 Sep 2006, 18:40

Interesting observations..... Tillie is found in the 1910 and 1920 census. This is interesting, I see census takers are not always infalable. Alfred is 1 yr in the 1910, 21 in the 1920 and 32 in the 1930. Fedele's age is also off, he is listed in 1930 at 48yrs yet in 1921 on the manifest he was only...
by yochana
10 Sep 2006, 18:02

Wow! You guys are really something! Without you I would have not much information at all! Heck, I still would know ZIPPO about my grandfather! I keep requesting info from my family and getting no response, spoke to my dad today, he said everyone is tickled with what I am finding! SO...HELLO... WHY D...
by yochana
09 Sep 2006, 20:25

All that I know is that she is from italy and was headed for and lived in California. She lived a long life was married to Fedele and had the two children.

yochana
by yochana
09 Sep 2006, 13:13

oops! sorry, I was thoughtless about including the links and in a rush and put 18 instead of 21 for Fedele. i have just been told that Fedele died in the 1960's. However, they did not know of the name "Brund". It could very well be Fedele. Correct, those are the children of Fedele and Till...
by yochana
08 Sep 2006, 19:20

Fedele & Tillie Dellabruna

I have found Fedele at Ellis Island. Arriving in Dec 1921 enroute to his bro-in-law Antonio Chiossi. He was single and 18yrs. In California married and had two kids, Betty Jean and Joseph. He and his wife Tillie Corda and kids settled in California. Outside of Ellis Island I have found nothing else ...
by yochana
08 Sep 2006, 02:49
Topic: Antonio Chiosi
Replies: 16
Views: 11238

Re: Antonio Chiosi

Yep......You guys rock! Thanks so much for your help. God bless you all!
yochana :D
by yochana
07 Sep 2006, 19:51

Thanks,

Antonio on the aquatania is the one, I have his fathers name as Angelo. The other Antonio lists his dad as antonio.

I would greatly appreciate seeing the 1930 census if you could.

Thanks for your help.
yochana
by yochana
07 Sep 2006, 18:39

would you happen to be able to give me web links to this information?

thanks
yochana
by yochana
07 Sep 2006, 15:46
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Bassi???
Replies: 2
Views: 4186

Bassi???

Hi, My grandfather, Michele Basso has upon his 1930 census that he came from: Bassi, Neirone, Genova, Luguria, Italy I have found info on Neirone, Genova, Liguria, HOWEVER I find nothing on Bassi. I assume this is a village/commune? Can you help me? Maybe it is misspelled? Or something? thanks, yoch...
by yochana
07 Sep 2006, 15:37

Antonio Chiosi

Another man of mystery in my line. Antonio Chiosi Born Oct 1886 - Jan 03 1975 I do not know birth town, but he was swiss italian He lived in California, I assume he came in 1921 or 22, because his wife Olympia arrived in 1922 with a baby, claiming him as father. He was not traveling with them, he ha...
by yochana
03 Sep 2006, 19:12
Topic: Michael Basso
Replies: 8
Views: 9348

Re: Michael Basso

You guys ROCK!!!! :D Thank you so much for all of this help! Your info is dead on and I am following up the new leads! Can't wait to tell the family and can't thank you enough! God bless you big time with whatever you need! Joanna
by yochana
02 Sep 2006, 22:25
Topic: Michael Basso
Replies: 8
Views: 9348

Michael Basso

Right now I am brick walled on my grand father "Michael Basso". The family says that he came possibly from Naples, Italy. I have not yet found him on a ship manifest. We know that he came to America in the early 1900's and worked as a miner in Virginia City. He married a Della Bruna in Jun...