Search found 5 matches

by rhranchaz
16 Sep 2005, 08:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: NEED TRANSLATION OF ITALIAN COMMUNIQUE JUST RECEIVED
Replies: 1
Views: 4597

NEED TRANSLATION OF ITALIAN COMMUNIQUE JUST RECEIVED

JUST REC'D THE FOLLOWING EMAIL FROM ITALY REGARDING INQUIRY OF MILITARY SERVICE RECORD (PHILIPPO CAFFARELLA). CAN ANYONE TRANSLATE INTO ENGLISH FOR ME PLEASE? ----------------------------------------------------------- Prot. n. 2801/IX.5.2(105) Con riferimento alla Sua richiesta si comunica che la p...
by rhranchaz
30 Aug 2005, 22:26
Topic: CAFFARELLA SURNAME
Replies: 18
Views: 13670

Re: CAFFARELLA SURNAME

Hi I found that the Cafarellas or Caffarellas in Malden coming from MALFA town ( also knowed as Malfa Salina meaning Isola di Salina=Salina Isle)-in Eolie islands(Messina province/Sicily region) and also from Messina town( ditto province) ... regards, suanj Suanj thank you SO MUCH for that informat...
by rhranchaz
30 Aug 2005, 06:09

Trish, thank you for your work...the Phillip in the 1898 Census is most likely the Phillipe I am looking for since my he (my great-great grandfather) died in Malden, MA. I have a copy of his death certificate. It states that he was born in Italy in 1848 (no city or region named), and that he died on...
by rhranchaz
30 Aug 2005, 05:56

Please clarify.....you have or have not located the ship manifest? Have you researched naturalization documents? Church records such as marriage and baptism? Placed the family on any U.S. census?? wldspirit I have no naturalization papers, only a death certificate dated 1902, where it is stated tha...
by rhranchaz
30 Aug 2005, 02:55

CAFFARELLA SURNAME

Only able to get as far as Phillipe (Felix) Caffarella or Cafarella emigrating to US in early 1900's. Cannot find where in Italy. Some family members state the name was originally C'forella (Aide de Camp of Napoleon), who came from France. Looking for any Caffarella information in Italy (other than ...