Search found 10 matches

by whitehorse777
11 Jan 2006, 06:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Fortunato family of Philadelphia
Replies: 9
Views: 14776

Re: Fortunato family of Philadelphia

My Tedesco family travelled from Palermo to the US (settllin in NC and VA), so I am not sure if we are related?!! :(
Keep in touch
Charles
by whitehorse777
11 Jan 2006, 06:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for my Ancestors :)
Replies: 47
Views: 79441

Re: Looking for my Ancestors :)

My Tedesco family came from Palermo. so I dont know for sure
Best wishes,
Charles
by whitehorse777
11 Jan 2006, 06:07
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Giovanni Salerno
Replies: 4
Views: 5816

Re: Giovanni Salerno

Just a thought... you might want to try jewishgen.org, for in a lot of cases, the name Tedesco has Jewish roots.
Keep in touch,
Charles
by whitehorse777
11 Jan 2006, 06:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Io creco Bisco
Replies: 1
Views: 3149

Re: Familie: Bisco / Bellon (Veneto/Piacenza d�Adige/Pa

My family name is Tedesco, but I have only been able to trace my family as far as Palermo, Sicily. I have been told, however, that my ancestors originated from Germany and the name Tedesco translates to Ashkenazi.
I dont know if any of this helped,
Best wishes,
Charles
by whitehorse777
11 Jan 2006, 05:58
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Tedesco
Replies: 12
Views: 12899

Re: Tedesco

Cynthi,
I appreciate the help!! Your response was much appreciated. Deb, I am sorry I have not repsonded sooner, but your help was much appreciated as well. I am waiting for word from Palermo as I write this note.
Best wishes to everyone.
Charles
by whitehorse777
18 Dec 2005, 10:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Tedesco
Replies: 12
Views: 12899

Re: Tedesco

It is an odd surname for an Italian to have. Generally, this name is found among Ashkezani Jews who emigrated to Italy from Germany.

Charles
by whitehorse777
13 Dec 2005, 08:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: TEDESCO
Replies: 2
Views: 3591

TEDESCO

IS TEDESCO AN ITALIAN JEWISH SURNAME? MY GREAT GRANDPARENTS WERE ITALIAN, BUT THEIR ANCESTORS WERE GERMAN JEWS WHO EMIGRATED TO ITALY. WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST WAY TO TRACE MY ANCESTRY FRO PALERMO BACKWARD?
ANY HELP/GUIDANCE WOULD BE DEEPLY APPRECIATED,
RESPECTFULLY,
CHARLES
by whitehorse777
12 Dec 2005, 07:58
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Tedesco
Replies: 12
Views: 12899

Re: Tedesco

My ancestors came from Palermo, so how would one access the records from that period? Are they accessible on line?
I am trying to trace my ancestors arrival in Italy, not the United States, so I assume I am looking for Italy's equivalent of an Ellis Island.

Any help you can give would be much ...
by whitehorse777
12 Dec 2005, 06:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Tedesco
Replies: 0
Views: 2269

Tedesco

On certain sites, it has been indicated that Tedesco is a Jewish Italian surname? Is this truly the case?
Thanks again,
Charles
by whitehorse777
12 Dec 2005, 06:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Tedesco
Replies: 12
Views: 12899

Tedesco

Where can one access Sicilian birth records from 1850-1900, and where can one access Italian immigration records prior to that time?
Thank you, in advance,
Respectfully,
Charles