Search found 158 matches

by Bette
02 Nov 2017, 04:51
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Fried Dough Translation
Replies: 22
Views: 6860

Re: Fried Dough Translation

In western New York state we call fried dough "Pizza Fritta" Lots of southern Italians here.
by Bette
03 Sep 2017, 03:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth Record for Carmelo Cucurullo/Cuccurullo aprox 1872
Replies: 3
Views: 121

Re: Birth Record for Carmelo Cucurullo/Cuccurullo aprox 1872

Do you know the name of the town in which he was born? Also, did he emigrate to the USA? If so, when? and where?
by Bette
12 Apr 2017, 05:49
Topic: Mother's Name Unknown
Replies: 7
Views: 356

Re: Mother's Name Unknown

Would it be possible to find the birth records of these individuals? That is where you will find the name of the mother, unless the mother did not want to be identified. Information for death records are submitted by living people. If the mother died a long time ago, they may not have known her name...
by Bette
31 Mar 2017, 05:47
Topic: Giffoni Valle Piana
Views: 233

Re: Giffoni Valle Piana

This is a great web site to answer a question such as yours. Go to this web site: http://www.nonsolocap.it/ Type in the name of the town; then click "cerca". It shows you the province and the region. Then click on the name of the town and it will take you to Tuttitalia.it where you will see the addr...
by Bette
07 Jan 2017, 18:22
Topic: Torriano - Bojano
Replies: 9
Views: 430

Re: Torriano - Bojano

To Jennifer75

Thought this was interesting:

When going to the Labo Gens web site and entering the surnames, see results below:

http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... HEi8Fy5_x9

Troiano = 497 comuni today in Italy

Torriano = 20 comuni today in Italy

Regards,
Bette
by Bette
07 Jan 2017, 02:37

Response to Jennifer75... Per the question as to the correct spelling of the surname, Torriano or Troiano, you can see by all the above responses that both spellings were used alternatively in the records. This is probably largely due to the person writing up the record and how they "heard" the name...
by Bette
06 Jan 2017, 06:09

I found the marriage record for you. It is #33 dated July 12, 1879 in the town of Boiano. http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Campobasso/Stato+civile+italiano/Bojano/Matrimoni/1879/007242847_00694.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=0 It states Simone Troiano, age 19, contadino, ...
by Bette
08 Dec 2016, 02:55
Topic: MyHeritage: contacting a tree's creator
Replies: 8
Views: 975

Re: MyHeritage: contacting a tree's creator

To C_Artale, thank you for the email address. I wrote to her on 12/5/16; but no response yet. You can go ahead and write and ask her if that email address is still valid and that I have written her. Thank you. Bette
by Bette
06 Dec 2016, 02:12

To C_Artale, I sent Tessy Rap messages on FB on July 14 and Aug 1 this year. No response. Do you mind my asking where you found the email address for her?
Thank you,
Bette
by Bette
03 Dec 2016, 07:41

C_Artale...That is a fabulous idea. I appreciate your willingness to assist. Here is the information: It is under "My Heritage Family Trees". The name is Carmelo Spadaro; under "familia Rap, managed by Teresa Rap". It shows a birth date of 1901 and shows a child by the name of Juan Spadaro Yaya. The...
by Bette
02 Dec 2016, 17:11

I think that is a question you need to ask My Heritage. I had a go-around with them when I noticed that a member or former member hijacked a photograph of my great-uncle Carmelo Spadaro (born 1883 in Valguarnera) and was using his image for a completely different man named Carmelo Spadaro in her tre...
by Bette
30 Oct 2016, 02:16
Topic: Pisano/Marotta family where can I find records?
Views: 384

Re: Pisano/Marotta family where can I find records?

First step is to confirm the town of birth. Have you found her on a ship's manifest? Did she emigrate with her parents? Which port did they arrive at? Where did they settle in the US?
by Bette
04 Sep 2016, 05:49
Topic: Frustrated with family search..need help
Replies: 19
Views: 1416

Re: Frustrated with family search..need help

I have read this thread. Congratulations! This is a perfect example of why we need to reach out to others and join forces to solve some of these mysteries. I'm happy for you Eleven!
:D
by Bette
12 Jul 2016, 02:32
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation on Morti PLEASE
Replies: 6
Views: 460

Re: Translation on Morti PLEASE

correction: wife's surname is Gulino.
by Bette
12 Jul 2016, 02:29
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation on Morti PLEASE
Replies: 6
Views: 460

Re: Translation on Morti PLEASE

#153 Death Record
Date of Death: August 17, 1903 (recorded on the 18th of August)
Prestianni Giovanni, age 46, farmer, born and resided in Castelbuono; son of the deceased Santi Prestianni, farmer, and Lucia M.....(Sorry cannot read surname); husband of Damiana Galino.