Search found 362 matches

by Marisa6
19 Sep 2008, 20:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Forte, Matassa, Di Adamo, Gizzi, Capocci, Crolla
Replies: 67
Views: 95322

Re: Looking for Forte, Matassa, Di Adamo, Gizzi, Capocci, Cr

You have Filippo's siblings spot on too. Filippo Forte - born 31 Oct 1821. Parents - Onorato Antonio Forte and Caterina (you've guessed it) Forte. His wife was Maddalena Fusco born 12 Oct 1817. Her parents were Domenico Fusco (parents Vittorio Fusco and Maddalena Recchia (daughter of Benedetto and C...
by Marisa6
19 Sep 2008, 18:55

I'm just off the phone with Grandma (slightly deafened as she bellows down the phone because she is a bit deaf!) We have the right Vincenzo and Pasqualina. Pasqualina did indeed die around 1930, and she remembers Vincent's brother and sister. She also knew exactly who the Fortes in Bexhill are. I do...
by Marisa6
19 Sep 2008, 17:31

Hi Paul Yes - you have Celeste's brothers and sisters! I know the descendants of two of the brothers - Celeste and Carmine Antonio - but nothing about the others. I don't know when Pasqualina died, but she was born around 1891 as far as I know. If I can still remember how to use imageshack I will pu...
by Marisa6
19 Sep 2008, 15:40

Was he the Irish Vincenzo? Unfortunately I don't know much about him other than his name, his children, and a dusty family photo. Even his date of death is news to me. I'm fascinated to find out though!

Marisa
by Marisa6
19 Sep 2008, 13:35

Hi Paul I've double checked and its definitely 1837. Is it an age on a death certificate that is causing confusion? They can sometimes be a bit out as people in those days often didn't know exactly how old they were, or sometimes the informant of the death wasn't sure of the age. If all of the other...
by Marisa6
18 Sep 2008, 08:20
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: 'Scotlands People' free credits
Replies: 10
Views: 8860

Re: 'Scotlands People' free credits

Thanks Peter

I'll give that a try. I wonder if St Anthony helps for oboe lessons too :lol:

Marisa xx
by Marisa6
17 Sep 2008, 20:49

Thanks guys Its so nice to be back! I hope you are keeping well yourself Emmy (and of course you too Peter). Cameron had a bad, bad asthma attack last week. He was on oral steroids for four days which played absolute havoc with his blood sugar levels. I had to do insulin corrections every three hour...
by Marisa6
17 Sep 2008, 20:28

Ooooh - now I'm excited! Vincenzo and Pasqualina had a whole squad of kids. 9 that I know of, and probably some more besides. There was Pasqualina, Louie, Remo, Esther, Frank, Maria, Marguerita, Caterina and Rosa. Have you been here - http://www.edmundforte.co.uk/index2.html ? Its quite a good site ...
by Marisa6
17 Sep 2008, 20:00

Hi Paul My goodness its a small world! Now - as far as I know Maria and Ralph had a son called Antonio. I guess he called his son after his father. I don't know if Celeste Antonio was married twice. Its definitely a possibility as his first child with Caterina would have been born when he was about ...
by Marisa6
17 Sep 2008, 18:20
Topic: My Trimarco Relatives - is anyone out there?
Replies: 18
Views: 16522

Re: My Trimarco Relatives - is anyone out there?

Hi Conor

You could maybe try geneanet http://www.geneanet.org/ . Its a French site, but it covers most of Europe. You might find some living relatives researching the same name.

Marisa
by Marisa6
17 Sep 2008, 17:52

Thanks Peter - that was really kind. If you ever need anything looked up just say :D

Marisa xx
by Marisa6
17 Sep 2008, 17:30

Awww - thanks Peter! You are a sweetheart!

Marisa
by Marisa6
17 Sep 2008, 17:05

'Scotlands People' free credits

For anyone with Scots or Scots Italian ancestors. If you sign up to Ancestral Scotland's quarterly newsletter here http://www.ancestralscotland.com/signup/register/ they will send you 10 free credits for the website. 10 credits doesn't get you very far, but if you get some friends and family to sign...
by Marisa6
16 Sep 2008, 23:18

I forgot to say that the Ralph (Raffaele) Forte in Hastings was the husband of Maria Forte (yes - both Forte. There is a lot of that in my family :roll: ) I have a photo of them somewhere. I must ask Grandma about them next time I see her.

Marisa
by Marisa6
16 Sep 2008, 23:15

Hi Paul Ok – children of Vincenzo Forte and Alessandra/Santa Cafolla Clementina FORTE – 27 Nov 1820 Maria Teresa FORTE – 16 Jul 1825 (sp Luigi Antonio FORTE 4 Jun 1850) Giovanna Rosa FORTE – 19 May 1829 (sp Francesco Antonio FUSCIARDI 14 May 1853) Domenicantonio FORTE – 17 Mar 1832 died 27...