Search found 26 matches
- 26 Jun 2009, 16:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help with research in Calabria
- Replies: 6
- Views: 8434
Re: Need help with research in Calabria
Yes, that was the Adriano I found. No one in my family knows of a brother by that name. However, for Stephen Marchiano - no one knew that name either but he was living with the other Marchianos on an early NY census. No one in my family knows what happened to Stehen.
- 26 Jun 2009, 00:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help with research in Calabria
- Replies: 6
- Views: 8434
Need help with research in Calabria
Hello,
I am hoping for some suggestions for the problem I am having trying to find the town my great grandmother came from. She was born in 1870 and emigrated to New York and was married in NYC in 1886. Neither the church nor the marriage record had any further information. I do have the ...
I am hoping for some suggestions for the problem I am having trying to find the town my great grandmother came from. She was born in 1870 and emigrated to New York and was married in NYC in 1886. Neither the church nor the marriage record had any further information. I do have the ...
- 06 Jun 2009, 22:48
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Patron Saints of towns in Calabria
- Replies: 1
- Views: 6135
Patron Saints of towns in Calabria
Hello,
Can anyone tell me what towns in Calabria have Saints Cosmos and Damian as their patron saints?
Thnk you,
Gabrielle
Can anyone tell me what towns in Calabria have Saints Cosmos and Damian as their patron saints?
Thnk you,
Gabrielle
- 13 Mar 2007, 22:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marchiano & Liguori surnames
- Replies: 39
- Views: 30525
Wonderful Success Story
Hello,
I just wanted to update you on some exciting discoveries I have made thanks to all of you.
I was looking for my Marchian and Liguori ancestors - one of whom married my great grandfather Vincenzo Caputo but I had no idea what Italian town they were from. Esperanza and a few others found ship ...
I just wanted to update you on some exciting discoveries I have made thanks to all of you.
I was looking for my Marchian and Liguori ancestors - one of whom married my great grandfather Vincenzo Caputo but I had no idea what Italian town they were from. Esperanza and a few others found ship ...
- 17 Oct 2006, 02:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marchiano & Liguori surnames
- Replies: 39
- Views: 30525
Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames
Hello Esperanza,
Vincenzo died of lobar pneumonia - I am still trying to figure out where - the death certificate says Workhouse hospital - the only thing I can find on the web was on an island that also had the Workhouse and a few other buildings - like a hospital for contagious diseases etc. I ...
Vincenzo died of lobar pneumonia - I am still trying to figure out where - the death certificate says Workhouse hospital - the only thing I can find on the web was on an island that also had the Workhouse and a few other buildings - like a hospital for contagious diseases etc. I ...
- 16 Oct 2006, 17:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marchiano & Liguori surnames
- Replies: 39
- Views: 30525
Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames
Hello,
From an earlier post
"That said, Have you gotten their complete marriage record? Not just the certificate.......Marriage record includes the application to marry, the license, any affidavits, the certificate & the return. This record could have the town of birth for both, Mary Ann ...
From an earlier post
"That said, Have you gotten their complete marriage record? Not just the certificate.......Marriage record includes the application to marry, the license, any affidavits, the certificate & the return. This record could have the town of birth for both, Mary Ann ...
- 16 Oct 2006, 12:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marchiano & Liguori surnames
- Replies: 39
- Views: 30525
Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames
Hello,
Thank you so much for all of the research you have done.
I never knew that any of Vincenzo's children had gone to Italy and now you have found 2 such trips. I can't imagine why my grandmother or her sister (2 of his children) never told me about them - they told me so many stories of my ...
Thank you so much for all of the research you have done.
I never knew that any of Vincenzo's children had gone to Italy and now you have found 2 such trips. I can't imagine why my grandmother or her sister (2 of his children) never told me about them - they told me so many stories of my ...
- 15 Oct 2006, 18:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marchiano & Liguori surnames
- Replies: 39
- Views: 30525
Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames
Hello,
Thanks to everyone for looking up so much info. Yes those are the correct 1900 and 1910 census. I have the New York City marriage license for Vincenzo and Mary Ann as well as for 3 of Mary Ann's brothers but I only know the church where Vincenzo and Mary Ann were married (St Anthony's in ...
Thanks to everyone for looking up so much info. Yes those are the correct 1900 and 1910 census. I have the New York City marriage license for Vincenzo and Mary Ann as well as for 3 of Mary Ann's brothers but I only know the church where Vincenzo and Mary Ann were married (St Anthony's in ...
- 14 Oct 2006, 09:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marchiano & Liguori surnames
- Replies: 39
- Views: 30525
Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames
Hello,
I went to the regional federal archives last week and looked at that Stephen Marchiano as well as all the other Marchianos I could find but none of them were related.
Thanks,
GS
I went to the regional federal archives last week and looked at that Stephen Marchiano as well as all the other Marchianos I could find but none of them were related.
Thanks,
GS
- 14 Oct 2006, 05:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marchiano & Liguori surnames
- Replies: 39
- Views: 30525
Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames
Hello,
My family always said her name was Mary Ann. Her marriage license says Anna Maria and her death certificate says just Mary.
GS
My family always said her name was Mary Ann. Her marriage license says Anna Maria and her death certificate says just Mary.
GS
- 14 Oct 2006, 01:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marchiano & Liguori surnames
- Replies: 39
- Views: 30525
Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames
Wow - Esperanza you are unbelievable!! - What incredible information. I can't thank you enough.
Could you tell me where you found that ship manifest for Giuseppe and Anna Maria Marchiano? On most records she is listed as Mary Ann but she is Anna Maria on at least one other record. I don't know if ...
Could you tell me where you found that ship manifest for Giuseppe and Anna Maria Marchiano? On most records she is listed as Mary Ann but she is Anna Maria on at least one other record. I don't know if ...
- 12 Oct 2006, 10:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marchiano & Liguori surnames
- Replies: 39
- Views: 30525
Re: Marchiano & Liguori surnames
Hello,
That is just incredible! I searched the Ellis Island website and never found that entry. This must be my great grandfather - he was a liquor dealer in NYC and those are his children's names and the right ages. . I knew that he made several trips to Italy for business but I never knew he took ...
That is just incredible! I searched the Ellis Island website and never found that entry. This must be my great grandfather - he was a liquor dealer in NYC and those are his children's names and the right ages. . I knew that he made several trips to Italy for business but I never knew he took ...
- 11 Oct 2006, 09:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marchiano & Liguori surnames
- Replies: 39
- Views: 30525
Marchiano & Liguori surnames
Hello,
I am trying to find out which town my great grandmother Mary Ann Marchiano (born about 1870) came from. Her parents were Francesco or possibly Giuseppe Marchiano and Elena Liguori. They came to New York City in 1884 or 1885 along with MaryAnn’s 3 brothers Giuseppe, James and Stephen ...
I am trying to find out which town my great grandmother Mary Ann Marchiano (born about 1870) came from. Her parents were Francesco or possibly Giuseppe Marchiano and Elena Liguori. They came to New York City in 1884 or 1885 along with MaryAnn’s 3 brothers Giuseppe, James and Stephen ...
- 01 Sep 2006, 04:51
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Lire exchange rates
- Replies: 4
- Views: 7258
Re: Lire exchange rates
Thank you so much for that website - it was very helpful.
GS
GS
- 30 Aug 2006, 07:35
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Lire exchange rates
- Replies: 4
- Views: 7258
Re: Lire exchange rates
Hello,
Sorry, I wasn't too clear - I meant is there any way to find out what the exchange rate would have been in 1897 and 1906
Thanks,
GS
Sorry, I wasn't too clear - I meant is there any way to find out what the exchange rate would have been in 1897 and 1906
Thanks,
GS