by legnoduro
09 May 2006, 06:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Sereno from Calabria
Replies: 45
Views: 23603

Re: Sereno from Calabria

Sorry, I missed the last part of your post. Yes I do have that manife
st. Giuseppa was my grandmother his wife. She was from Pietrelcina Campania. I think there was a connection between my great grandfather Carmine and my grandfather before they came to the US, I just can't connect it yet.
by legnoduro
09 May 2006, 06:41

Thank you vj! I do have this information and have tried to find him in the 1910 census. Since he arrived in about 1908 I thought this might give me a hint as to what port he entered. I have not been able to find him on that census. Thanks for your help.
by legnoduro
08 May 2006, 09:12

Yes, actually this is where I started. I was excited because I had just learned that the town of birth and the parents are usually listed. Unfortunately the person who filled out the certificate listed the town and parents as unknown. He applied in 1936 for this Social Security # and here is where h...
by legnoduro
08 May 2006, 08:38

Again, I have to thank you so much for your time and efforts!
by legnoduro
08 May 2006, 08:31

Yes.
by legnoduro
08 May 2006, 08:25

Sorry, I am new posting so please be patient with me. I edited my previous post and it responds to your last post.
by legnoduro
08 May 2006, 08:15

I saw that manifest but according to his Social Security application he said his mother's name was Filomena not Giovanna. The Philadelphia connection would otherwise make sense. The other problems I have is his birth place and residence. Although Cosenza is not that far from Chieti and I guess he co...
by legnoduro
08 May 2006, 08:05

I have a record of him on the 1920 census taken in Elizabeth, NJ. It is here that he reveals that he entered in 1908. It is also on this census that his name is spelled Amidio. He is listed here with his wife and his first two daughters, my aunt and my mother. I tried to search the 1910 census recor...
by legnoduro
08 May 2006, 06:08

Thank you! I just checked and there is a location nearby. I appreciate your help.
by legnoduro
08 May 2006, 00:02

Sereno from Calabria

Hello I am looking for any information about my grandfather Amidio (He alternately spelled his name Amedeo & Emidio and was called Michael in english.) Sereno. Born in 1888 in Fagnano-Castello, Cosenza of Francesco Sereno and Filomena Rinaldo. He claims he entered the US in 1908 but I cannot fin...
by legnoduro
07 May 2006, 22:30
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: How did my grandfather enter the US?
Replies: 5
Views: 5285

How did my grandfather enter the US?

Hello and thank you for this great forum! I am trying to find out how my grandfather entered the US. It was never clear from my parents, and my grandfather died when I was a teen and not very interested in the subject. He indicated on the 1930 census that he arrived in the US in 1908 but I have not ...