Search found 116 matches

by legnoduro
24 Sep 2009, 15:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Name difference in two documents
Replies: 4
Views: 3738

Re: Name difference in two documents

I can't determine if this "Capo Familia" document would be considered minor or not. It is on this document that her name appears as Maria. I am having no luck in attaching the document but it has an official seal from Benevento with the mayor's(sindaco) seal affixed.
by legnoduro
24 Sep 2009, 02:50
Topic: Name difference in two documents
Replies: 4
Views: 3738

Name difference in two documents

My great-great-grandmother's name, according to my great-grandfathers birth act, is recorded as "di fu Olivieri Annunziata" yet on the Capo Familia that I have her name is recorded as Maria Olivieri. Is Maria a name that was used in place of the name Annunziata? Based on the origin of the ...
by legnoduro
24 Sep 2009, 00:56
Topic: Capo Familia
Replies: 3
Views: 3795

Re: Capo Familia

Thank you very much! That is the name.
by legnoduro
23 Sep 2009, 22:21
Topic: Capo Familia
Replies: 3
Views: 3795

Capo Familia

Ciao Tutti, I have recently received a copy of a Capo Familia of my GGF. It lists my GGM maiden name as Tedicini from Pietrelcina Benevento. Her full name is Orsola Tedicini. I have had no luck in finding this name anywhere in Italy. Has anyone here ever heard of this name or know of a resource that...
by legnoduro
28 Apr 2009, 02:21
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: occupations
Replies: 6
Views: 5060

Re: occupations

Hello Senior,
I was told that the terms husbandry, farmer and countryman were used interchangeably (this I found out from LDS researchers and also the Oxford English dictionary). I am a Di Pasquale and am curious where your ancestors are from, maybe we have a connection.

Joseph
by legnoduro
02 Apr 2009, 03:13
Topic: Up hill battle
Replies: 7
Views: 4879

Re: Up hill battle

Thank you, I will.
by legnoduro
01 Apr 2009, 23:05

Thanks mler, should I contact the consulate first to see what type if any corroboration they would accept?
by legnoduro
01 Apr 2009, 22:40

He died in 1995.
by legnoduro
01 Apr 2009, 02:45

Up hill battle

Ciao a tutti, I just received my father's birth certificate. His last name is horribly mispelled! It barely resembles our last name and I wonder if anyone has any experience in getting this type of mistake corrected. This happens to be the son who is named Joseph but is named Josephine on my grandfa...
by legnoduro
30 Mar 2009, 17:55
Topic: Problem finding Grandfather's naturalization documents
Replies: 21
Views: 12187

Re: Problem finding Grandfather's naturalization docume

A call to NARA this morning confirmed VaDeb's opinion. The naturalization documents cannot be corrected. Is it possible to get a copy of the naturalization certificate, my grandfather's original is lost, and does a copy of this certificate satisfy the requirement or does it have to be the original? ...
by legnoduro
29 Mar 2009, 16:27

Mayber I am approaching this question the wrong way. Since I have my father's birth certificate proving he is the son of my grandfather and the 1920 census shows my father as my grandfather's son before my grandfather was naturalized in 1923, does the mistake on the naturatlization petition of my gr...
by legnoduro
28 Mar 2009, 20:37

Debbie, Thanks for the reply! My initial reaction was that he didn't see the error. My grandfather was literate both in Italian and English so that is why I find it hard to believe he let this type of error slip by. My concern is will this effect the proof of direct ancestry and how do I get this co...
by legnoduro
28 Mar 2009, 02:28

I just discovered that the "DO" is an abbreviation for ditto. Does anyone know if these copies are filled out by clerks at the NARA using the original document? The reason I ask is my grandfather declared 5 children and they are listed by age and place of birth. The problem is that my aunt...