Search found 116 matches

by legnoduro
24 Dec 2008, 19:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Antonio Nazzaro
Replies: 6
Views: 4881

Re: Looking for Antonio Nazzaro

Valarie, Thank you for the image. If he answered the census questions accurately then the arrival can't be 1904 and his birth can't be 1889 but I don't know how the questions were asked and in what language. He was my grandfather's cousin and the person my grandfather named as the relative to be joi...
by legnoduro
24 Dec 2008, 17:11
Topic: Looking for Antonio Nazzaro
Replies: 6
Views: 4881

Looking for Antonio Nazzaro

Hello,
I am trying to find a manifest for Antonio Nazzaro. He arrived in New York in 1907 according to the 1910 census. He lived in Newark, NJ in 1911. He was from Calitri or maybe Deliceto. He was born in about 1886. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Joseph
by legnoduro
24 Dec 2008, 15:21
Topic: Received Grandfather's Birth Certificate
Replies: 3
Views: 3665

Received Grandfather's Birth Certificate

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all, I just received my grandfather's birth certificate from Italy and noticed that when his surname was typed a letter was left out. His last name was Di Pasquale and on the certificate it is spelled Di Pasuale. How much of an issue is this? I am concerned that...
by legnoduro
17 Dec 2008, 22:19
Topic: surname search database
Replies: 42
Views: 40363

Re: surname search database

Ciao Jason, My grandmother Giovanna Maffucci married my grandfather Giuseppe Di Pasquale. My grandmother was born and married my grandfather in Calitri and my grandfather was born in Deliceto, Foggia Puglia. They married in about 1910. I am searching both the Maffucci side and the Di Pasquale side. ...
by legnoduro
10 Oct 2008, 02:51

Peter again, thank you.
Unfortunately I saw that listing but it is not available for sale (non in commercio). My library does not have a copy nor does the main library in Philadelphia. I am trying to find a used copy somewhere.

Legnoduro
by legnoduro
09 Oct 2008, 22:20

Peter, Thank you for the site. I went to there and the only book available was "Dizionario ragionato dei cognomi italiani" by Francipane Michele. The only De Felice book was his book of "nomi". Are you familiar with the book by Michele? It claims 350,000 names are listed and expl...
by legnoduro
09 Oct 2008, 02:32

Thank you Peter, you are a great resource yourself!
Legnoduro
by legnoduro
08 Oct 2008, 23:04

Peter, thank you very much for all your help. Unfortunately amazon does not have a listing and neither does Mondadori. I will continue to search, it seems like a great resource. By the way, just a thought I think Di Pasquale probably would be listed as Pasquale and derived from that name. Have a gre...
by legnoduro
08 Oct 2008, 21:57

Ciao Peter,
I am having difficulty finding a copy of the De Felice book. I am also searching ebay for a copy. If you have some time, would you mind telling me if the names Di Pasquale, Sereno, De Luca, Mazzei are listed.

Thank you very much for your effort,
Legnoduro
by legnoduro
08 Oct 2008, 13:34

Sì, posso.

Legnoduro
by legnoduro
08 Oct 2008, 12:47

PeterTimber, Thank you for the perspective. This is exactly what I am looking for. I would like to continue with this kind of research but for the other names I mentioned in my previous post. I can appreciate the roots of the modern name with its relationship to antiquity and am eager to see where t...
by legnoduro
08 Oct 2008, 00:37

Thank you for all this information on the surname Maffucci. I have other names I am researching and that was why my original question asked if there is a resource that is available, a database that would confirm if the surname is Italian in origin and when it was first used in Italy. The other names...
by legnoduro
07 Oct 2008, 04:13

surname search database

Ciao a tutti, Is there a surname database that would show if an Italian surname is originally Italian and how old the name is. As an example, one of the surnames I am researching is Maffucci. I know that it is a very common name in Calitri, Avelino, but is its origin Italian and how far back can it ...
by legnoduro
31 May 2008, 15:07
Topic: Please Help received an email from Campania
Replies: 5
Views: 4821

Re: Please Help received an email from Campania

Thank you so much for the help! I do not know the maiden name of my great-grandmother, that is the reason I am sending for my grandmother's birth act. Suanj, thank you for the reply to Mr. Molinara. I will update you as soon as I hear from him.

Best regards,
legnoduro
by legnoduro
31 May 2008, 04:35
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: was a birth certificate needed for naturalization
Replies: 0
Views: 2107

was a birth certificate needed for naturalization

When my grandmother, who was born in Italy, became a naturalized US citizen in 1944, did she need to produce a birth certificate from Italy? Does anyone know how I can get a copy of her naturalization application?

Thank you

Richard