Also one more quick thing before I go..it likes this 1930 census of Frank and Clara Porto matches up with the info from Thomas Porto's obituary:
probable 1930 US Census
Athens, Greene, NY
Brick Row, owns $1,000
- Frank PORTO, 41 (1889), married age 20 (1909), immig 1905 Al, laborer - brickyard ...
Search found 6 matches
- 20 Jul 2006, 03:26
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: name changes
- Replies: 45
- Views: 55570
- 20 Jul 2006, 03:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: name changes
- Replies: 45
- Views: 55570
Re: name changes
Hey guys just to keep you updated....all this information that you have found is incredible, and I've sent all of it to my father right now who is currently talking with his family...most of whom still live in Catskill or in those areas (he also lives there).
Both of my grandfather's sisters are ...
Both of my grandfather's sisters are ...
- 15 Jul 2006, 05:19
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: name changes
- Replies: 45
- Views: 55570
Re: name changes
Alright, i have confirmed that
RICH
possible 1930 US Census
ancestry.com page 30 of 35
Athens, Greene, NY
Brick Row, owns home
- RICK (RICH), Anthony, 22 (abt 1907), married age 20 (abt 1927),
b in NY, parents b in Italy, laborer - brick yard
- wife Mariella, 17, (abt 1912-3), b in NY, parents b ...
RICH
possible 1930 US Census
ancestry.com page 30 of 35
Athens, Greene, NY
Brick Row, owns home
- RICK (RICH), Anthony, 22 (abt 1907), married age 20 (abt 1927),
b in NY, parents b in Italy, laborer - brick yard
- wife Mariella, 17, (abt 1912-3), b in NY, parents b ...
- 11 Jul 2006, 05:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: name changes
- Replies: 45
- Views: 55570
Re: name changes
A few more tidbits of information that I just remembered/found. I learned that my grandfather (John Anthony Rich), was born to an Anthony Steven Rich and Mariella Porto (who has a brother named Sonny Porto or something to that effect), in Catskill, NY, in 1929.
They also owned an inn there for a ...
They also owned an inn there for a ...
- 11 Jul 2006, 04:52
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: name changes
- Replies: 45
- Views: 55570
Re: name changes
for to better help you, please you write here also the first name, probable birthyear, where he lived, spouse name etc.. regards, suanj
As I said in the post I'm in the process of doing that..the most i know is that they eventually settled in Catskill, NY, which is where my grandfather was born ...
As I said in the post I'm in the process of doing that..the most i know is that they eventually settled in Catskill, NY, which is where my grandfather was born ...
- 10 Jul 2006, 12:57
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: name changes
- Replies: 45
- Views: 55570
name changes
Sorry, I tried searching for this but I could not find anything that was related to my problem.
I'll start off with saying that I am American in it's truest form, as I am 100% sure of at least 6 different ethnicities (including Italian) that are a part of my DNA (English, French, German, Dutch ...
I'll start off with saying that I am American in it's truest form, as I am 100% sure of at least 6 different ethnicities (including Italian) that are a part of my DNA (English, French, German, Dutch ...